Clothes Dryers are Lethal

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people
Originally Posted by cheylink

I don't want to sound uncompassionate about these situations towards the owner, but these are children, if you are not use to the precautions needed to protect them, then you insure your awareness of their needs. If these situations happened to a human child, there would be severe penalties, these are lives that have traumatically been taken. Once again, do not want to sound unsympathetic.........................
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

Sorry, I just can't agree with this.
Cats are not children, even though we may like to look upon them as such and love them as such, they are never the less, pets, companion animals, friends.

I also disagree about the severe penalities if it were a child involved. This dryer scenario couldn't take place without a parent knowingly putting the child in the dryer. That would amount to murder. Not what we have here, with a cat somehow sneaking in.
Accidents do happen, it's a fact. People aren't perfect. Not everyone should be punished by the gov't. for making a mistake.
There are afew very good points here
But maybe this should be discussed in IMO where people can have a discussion about the subject...

I cannot begin to understand the guilt and pain this poor woman is going through

I know IF and thats a very big if...That happened to me...(and It nearly did one time
with one of our puppies in a washing machine)....I know I could never live with the
guilt of knowing I hadn't checked and knowing I killed one of my babies

I know I couldn't live with myself.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

It has happened, just to point out.......
CPSC Warning: Freezer, Dryer, Cooler and Refrigerator Entrapment Deaths to Children
CPSC Document #5073
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has received reports of numerous suffocation deaths involving children who crawled inside latch type freezers, clothes dryers, combination washer/dryer units, picnic coolers, ice boxes in campers, and old-style latch type refrigerators. Most of the victims were four to seven years old. In all cases, the doors could not be easily pushed open from the inside. In some of the incidents associated with clothes dryers, the appliance was accidentally turned on while the child was inside.

Frequently, the children were playing "hide-and-seek" and the appliance or chest provided a deceptively good place to hide. When the door slammed shut, the tight fitting gasket on most of the appliances cut off air to the child. This, along with the insulated construction of the appliance, also prevented the childâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s screams from being heard. But abandoned appliances are not the only items involved with accidents like these. Entrapment deaths have been reported in products in use or stored in the kitchen, laundry room, basement, or garage. Deaths also have occurred in ice boxes located in campers parked outside the home.
Article I found.....
But really want to tell you that your Bengals are beautiful!
I hadn't thought of the hide & seek situation. It's been awhile since I've had kids that young around.