Question of the Day,, Friday, 26 April, 2024

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and Happy Weekend!

Bikini weather is almost here. When is the last time you wore one or guys, when is the last time you wore a Speedo?

The last time I wore one was in the 90s

What about you?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I liked two piece bathing suits (bikini) better than one piece but haven't wore one since my kids were young. I'm just not a big fan of swimming. :dunno:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think in 2017? Unless I went swimming on my honeymoon.

I prefer two piece swimsuits for ease of bathroom use, but needing something wardrobe malfunction proof when I started swim lessons with J, this is my current swimsuit.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably in the '80's. I refuse to go to public pools but I did go to the river and lakes a lot back then. (when I was a size 6 - now..just nope)

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably '78 or '79. Along with another couple, we went to Toronto for a long weekend, and stayed at the Don Valley Ramada Inn. But back then, I was six feet tall and weighed 165 pounds soaking wet. Things change though, and now I'm up to about 180, and down to 5' 11".

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I never wore a bikini. I actually preferred one piece to two piece but I had a couple of two piece suits when I was much younger. I never had that really thin build that I feel I would've needed for a bikini. I wasn't overweight when I was younger but I didn't have that thin 'Twiggy' build.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Isn't a Speedo only a men's item?

As for a bikini - I bet I haven't worn one since I was a child. If that.

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari that is a cute suit!

It's possible I wore one last summer, but definitely a couple of summers ago. We went to the Ozarks for my friend's bachelorette so spent some time on the lake.

My parents are pretty sure they are going to get an above ground pool this year, so maybe I'll actually get to wear it a bit more this summer. I favor the high waisted bottoms though.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I thought speedo made suits for competitive swimming. But when we say wearing a speedo we assume the mens suit.

The last time I wore a bikini was probably in the early 2000s. They didn’t sell suits as separates back then so it was always hard to find any sort of swimsuit that fit and had support.

I like that we are getting so many more options now. Not just tops and bottoms separately; but more coverage too. (For women and men!) The camp my daughter attended last year required one pieces but as a tall string bean it was actually almost more revealing. Thankfully they were actually fine with 2 pieces; just not true bikinis.