TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › What an awesome early Christmas surprise!!!!!!!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What an awesome early Christmas surprise!!!!!!!!! - Page 2

post #31 of 45
yeah, I get what you mean. I have a hound and he is the best dog you could ask for..(he's a treeing walker coonhound/english coonhound) yes he barks a lot but we knew what we were getting ourselves into as we had a basset hound years ago. they are just couch potatos really..Buster is. lol, Jenny doesn't need a home. Jenny is my dog. Memphis is a girl. I misread sorry. I was thinking of doing that, too! thanks so much for the idea!
post #32 of 45
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy View Post
we set up crates for the cats/kittens and the young puppies we just put in a crate (just since they haven't had their shots yet..if that makes sense and we don't want them to pick up anything in a public area since this town is nitorious for parvo) and we do try to get the ones that have been there the longest and the ones that are more likely not to get adopted out there. the girl scouts will be there but I am not sure if they are taking dogs or not. I did take Memphis to Quality Supply and she did really well but the people weren't serious about adopting her. Dutch has been there since May and recently got adopted so it can work for Memphis, too. she's been there since October 17th. I hope I made sense here. and I wish we had tons more volunteers to help out at the shelter but we don't. I wish more people would step up to the plate and volunteer.
What our shelter normally does when host an adoption day at another location, such as a pet store, is we take the adult animals only, and the ones who have been there the longest/need the home the most. We only take maybe 3 at the most when we do adult adoption day. That way, people aren't distracted by the cute little pups and kittens, and the adult dogs /cats really have a chance to shine and get the attention that they deserve. We've had more success doing our adoption days that way than we have combining both puppies and adult dogs...the puppies get homes every time and the adults are always overlooked. Maybe you could mention trying an adult animal adoption day with your shelter? Just a thought. I hope all goes well with little Memphis. If i were closer, i'd take her in a hearbeat.
post #33 of 45
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by white cat lover View Post
Sorry to hijack Nikki.
No problem at all! Anything any of ya'll can think of to try and help Krista rehome little Memphis into a good new home is welcome in this thread
post #34 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR View Post
What our shelter normally does when host an adoption day at another location, such as a pet store, is we take the adult animals only, and the ones who have been there the longest/need the home the most. We only take maybe 3 at the most when we do adult adoption day. That way, people aren't distracted by the cute little pups and kittens, and the adult dogs /cats really have a chance to shine and get the attention that they deserve. We've had more success doing our adoption days that way than we have combining both puppies and adult dogs...the puppies get homes every time and the adults are always overlooked. Maybe you could mention trying an adult animal adoption day with your shelter? Just a thought. I hope all goes well with little Memphis. If i were closer, i'd take her in a hearbeat.
we don't have a pet store besides Quality Supply to take them to. there is a closed down store at the mall they always let us use that building for adoption events and spay and neuter clinics. that is a good idea.. I agree the puppies and kittens get homes faster than adult cats and dogs. yeah, I could do that. I know you would! I wish you were closer. I just really hope she finds a home soon. She isn't in any danger, but hounds don't do well in shelters. I seriously wish I could adopt her.
post #35 of 45
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy View Post
we don't have a pet store besides Quality Supply to take them to. there is a closed down store at the mall they always let us use that building for adoption events and spay and neuter clinics. that is a good idea.. I agree the puppies and kittens get homes faster than adult cats and dogs. yeah, I could do that. I know you would! I wish you were closer. I just really hope she finds a home soon. She isn't in any danger, but hounds don't do well in shelters. I seriously wish I could adopt her.
Good luck! Maybe ya'll will have a little more luck doing seperate adoption days for adult animals and for younger animals / She will be just fine until she finds a home She has lots of people who love and care for her looking after her....that's much more than many animals have
post #36 of 45
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy View Post
we set up crates for the cats/kittens and the young puppies we just put in a crate (just since they haven't had their shots yet..if that makes sense and we don't want them to pick up anything in a public area since this town is nitorious for parvo) and we do try to get the ones that have been there the longest and the ones that are more likely not to get adopted out there. the girl scouts will be there but I am not sure if they are taking dogs or not. I did take Memphis to Quality Supply and she did really well but the people weren't serious about adopting her. Dutch has been there since May and recently got adopted so it can work for Memphis, too. she's been there since October 17th. I hope I made sense here. and I wish we had tons more volunteers to help out at the shelter but we don't. I wish more people would step up to the plate and volunteer.
What our shelter normally does when host an adoption day at another location, such as a pet store, is we take the adult animals only, and the ones who have been there the longest/need the home the most. We only take maybe 3 at the most when we do adult adoption day. That way, people aren't distracted by the cute little pups and kittens, and the adult dogs /cats really have a chance to shine and get the attention that they deserve. We've had more success doing our adoption days that way than we have combining both puppies and adult dogs...the puppies get homes every time and the adults are always overlooked. Maybe you could mention trying an adult animal adoption day with your shelter? Just a thought. I hope all goes well with little Memphis. If i were closer, i'd take her in a hearbeat.
post #37 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy View Post
yeah, I get what you mean. I have a hound and he is the best dog you could ask for..(he's a treeing walker coonhound/english coonhound) yes he barks a lot but we knew what we were getting ourselves into as we had a basset hound years ago. they are just couch potatos really..Buster is. lol, Jenny doesn't need a home. Jenny is my dog. Memphis is a girl. I misread sorry. I was thinking of doing that, too! thanks so much for the idea!
Yeah, I edited it b/c I used the name Jenny, not Memphis. After I re-read your post I went "whoops! wrong doggie name!"
post #38 of 45
that's okay!! I will definately keep you both updated on Memphis.
post #39 of 45
Thread Starter 
Ok, now i'm going nutso!! I wanna see the new doggie! Waiting stinks! I have no idea when Colin and the other guy are planning this little meeting....(those guys are aweful at arranging things)
post #40 of 45
I sure hope he gets along with everybody for the best!!
post #41 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR View Post
Ok, now i'm going nutso!! I wanna see the new doggie! Waiting stinks! I have no idea when Colin and the other guy are planning this little meeting....(those guys are aweful at arranging things)
Aren't all boys awful at arranging things?
post #42 of 45
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy View Post
I sure hope he gets along with everybody for the best!!
I do too! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the introductions go smoothly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by white cat lover View Post
Aren't all boys awful at arranging things?
You're tellin me!! Here i am going crazy to meet him, and Colin is just twiddling his thumbs not acting like it's a big rush, when it was his idea, i swear he does that just to drive me crazy!
post #43 of 45
Thread Starter 
Just a little update on the new doggie!! He is a white germanshepherd dog mix. His name is digger. (we're likely going to change that) We spoke with the guys that works with Colin this week about him. I'm not sure when we will be getting him, but i hope it's soon! We will just do a test period to see how he gets along with Colin and I as well as Fosters and the kitties- if all goes well, he'll be staying with us! If not though- i already have a spot reserved for him at our shelter So he'll wind up in an awesome home eithor way! I'm soo excited!
post #44 of 45
I just saw this thread now Nikki!! How exciting!! You would provide a wonderful home for Digger
post #45 of 45
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouts mom View Post
I just saw this thread now Nikki!! How exciting!! You would provide a wonderful home for Digger
Thanks Natalie!!! I'm definitely looking foward to meeting the little guy. He's supposedly a medium/small sized white german shepherd mix. And he's supposed to be a sweetheart! It's been so hectic with Colin and I working around the clock- as is his cop friend....so we really haven't had a chance to set it all up yet. I'm dying to meet the little guy and see how the intros go! I'm definitely wanting to change his name
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › What an awesome early Christmas surprise!!!!!!!!!