TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › What irriates you?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What irriates you? - Page 2

post #31 of 51
I don't like it when kids don't say "please, thankyou, yes maam, no maam, yes sir and no sir"....stuff like that. I don't like it when people allow their children to be rude and not use manners.

Hummm....I don't like it when Fosters tries to eat the buttons on my shirt like he's trying to do now
post #32 of 51
Shawn's neices and nephews REFUSE to say Aunt/Uncle, and that irks me.I was raised that you are to respect your elders!!!
post #33 of 51
- people who smack their lips when they are eating just to annoy you

- people who eat with their mouth open

- people who talk REALLY loud in the morning, I just want to smack someone in the face when they talk REALLY loud in the morning..although my mom talks REALLY loud in the morning talking to me when I am half asleep.. but I am used to it now. I just mumble yeah sure whatever you say and go back to sleep.

- people who walk really slow at the grocery store..I mean I understand elderly people walking slow but young people?

- guys who honk their horn at you. I guess I must be good looking if they do that. but it annoys me or someone honks their horn at you just to act like they know you.

- people who touch you, hug you and don't know you. like this really slow girl saw me at one of our adoption events and gave me a hug. it just makes me really, really uncomfortable when strangers do that, ya know?

I think that's pretty much it. I am not a really irratable person, really. but those things really irritate me.
post #34 of 51
When I was pregnant with my kids.....I would cringe any time someone I didn't know just felt the need to touch my belly.I wanted to scream and scrub my body.
post #35 of 51
Oh don't get me started, I hate people that are rude like in the store and they don't move, I hate it when they have 3 cry babies with them as a matter of fact I was in a store one day little one standing in the cart and his mother must have had ear plugs in he kept going mom, mommy. mom, mom ,mom she never answered him and I had to get outta there And I went to another part of the store and OMG here it came again mom, mommy, mom...Whew and when people scream at the top of there lungs at there kids in the store or people have to have a disagreement in the store and get load. I hate rude drivers with a passion and if I'm doind 80 and they get on my hinnie I won't nove and if there cutting in and our of traffic I just speeed up so they can't go around Oh I could go on and on but I won't Oh and people who chew and pop gum like a cow...
post #36 of 51
It really irritates me when I am cleaning, and someone I live with is just playing videogames or sitting around...My ex would always say he would clean later....BUT to me its annoying cleaning when other people are sitting around, even if they plan to help later.

When I clean, you clean..
post #37 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouts mom View Post
When I clean, you clean..
And we all scream for ice cream!

Hubby is extrememly frustrating when it comes to housework. When I've finally managed to nag him into doing some dishes, he takes ALL DAY to do them. He leaves dishes in the sink full of water "to soak" and forgets about them, so when I need to use the sink, it's full of gross cold dishwater.
post #38 of 51
People who use the bathroom, while on the phone with me. I do NOT want to aurally witness your body functions or hear your toilet flush.

Ill-mannered, badly-behaved children, in a restaurant or store - I want to smack their parents.
post #39 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushylady View Post
And we all scream for ice cream!

Hubby is extrememly frustrating when it comes to housework. When I've finally managed to nag him into doing some dishes, he takes ALL DAY to do them. He leaves dishes in the sink full of water "to soak" and forgets about them, so when I need to use the sink, it's full of gross cold dishwater.
Ahmen!!!!!!!

Tony on the other hand has this annoying habit of washing the dishes all higgle-de-piggle-de! He'll wash things in the most unusual order!!!!!! He also uses the excuse that he doesn't do the dishes EXACTLY the way I like to do them so I banned him from doing them when we lived at my mothers (she's a bit of a neat freak and HAS to do things perfectly so to keep the peace I stopped him from doing them... that made her madder that he didn't do them!) now that we are in our own place... he still uses the excuse.... Grrrr makes me mad!!!!

Dishes are supposed to be washed in order..... glasses, mugs, cutlery, plates, pots and pans, pets dishes and then ashtrays (if you use them... tony smokes but I don't so they have to be done last!!!!) It irratates me if they aren't done in that order in piping hot water!!!!!!!!! They must also always drip dry or be dried with a paper towl - a dish towel harbours too many bacteria for my liking!
post #40 of 51
When my mother decides to vacuum when I'm still asleep.

I avoid going to the mall/grocery stores/department stores at all costs. There's way too many screaming and crying children for my liking.

I HATE how young people don't hold open doors for older folk. I do that all the time, it takes less than 30 seconds to do, so why can't other people do it?!

I also hate going to restaurants because of annoying children running around and screaming. Is it THAT hard to control your children?!
post #41 of 51
People having very personal conversations on their cell phones while in a public place like a bus-I really don't want to know that much info about your life.

Kids having meltdowns in a public place and parents pretending not to notice a thing.

Drivers who don't move when the light turns green, are they waiting for a different shade of green?

Tourist who come to a dead halt in the middle of a Times Square sidewalk blocking for everyone who isn't looking at the skyscrapers.

The list goes on and on!
post #42 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippy-pops View Post
Ahmen!!!!!!!

Tony on the other hand has this annoying habit of washing the dishes all higgle-de-piggle-de! He'll wash things in the most unusual order!!!!!! He also uses the excuse that he doesn't do the dishes EXACTLY the way I like to do them so I banned him from doing them when we lived at my mothers (she's a bit of a neat freak and HAS to do things perfectly so to keep the peace I stopped him from doing them... that made her madder that he didn't do them!) now that we are in our own place... he still uses the excuse.... Grrrr makes me mad!!!!

Dishes are supposed to be washed in order..... glasses, mugs, cutlery, plates, pots and pans, pets dishes and then ashtrays (if you use them... tony smokes but I don't so they have to be done last!!!!) It irratates me if they aren't done in that order in piping hot water!!!!!!!!! They must also always drip dry or be dried with a paper towl - a dish towel harbours too many bacteria for my liking!
No offense but I wouldn't do the dishes in your house either I'd be afraid!!!
post #43 of 51
When i am woke up by the phone ringing, i just get to it and it rings off. Infact anything that wakes me up exept my alarm irritaes me.
I used to tell Michaela, who has a sleeping problem, not to wake me up at 6am when she got up. I used to tell her she could read or watch her tv in her room. So she used to come in my room, shake me vigoursly, and say "i'm not waking you up i'm just letting you know that i'm watching Scooby Doo".
That used to drive me up the wall
post #44 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by katl8e View Post

Ill-mannered, badly-behaved children, in a restaurant or store - I want to smack their parents.
That one too!
post #45 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by janb View Post
So she used to come in my room, shake me vigoursly, and say "i'm not waking you up i'm just letting you know that i'm watching Scooby Doo".
Not at all irritating!
post #46 of 51
A child of my bf's coworker has no manners. His mother has actually said he only says please when HE feels like it. He'll ask for something, my bf will ask "what do you say" and the kid (12 yrs old) will say "NOW". Needless to say, my bf almost never actually gets the kid what he asks for, since he almost never says please.

I have to say standing close to me is my biggest pet peeve. I'm not a friendly person. I'm not a 'nice' person. I'm introverted and have anxiety issues, so going to get takeout food is already an ordeal, but when the guy in line behind me is less than 2 ft behind me (and that's being generous), I can't handle it. I have to move over and sometimes the person MOVES UP WITH ME. TAKE A HINT, PEOPLE! When I glance back, looked tense and disgusted and then move over, it's not an invitation for you to snuggle up to me. I swear, one day I'll be in jail cuz I'll finally snap, turn around, and belt the offender!
post #47 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippy-pops View Post

Dishes are supposed to be washed in order..... glasses, mugs, cutlery, plates, pots and pans, pets dishes and then ashtrays (if you use them... tony smokes but I don't so they have to be done last!!!!) It irratates me if they aren't done in that order in piping hot water!!!!!!!!! They must also always drip dry or be dried with a paper towl - a dish towel harbours too many bacteria for my liking!
We'd never get along LOL. If someone wanted me to do a chore, then set out the guidelines THAT specifically, I'd tell them to do it themselves. BUT I totally agree about ashtrays being last!
post #48 of 51
I don't like when I am at work and people are trying to tell me how to do my job. Sometimes I just feel like telling the customers to come behind the counter and do it themselves. It drives me crazy when people come in and I'm making their sub and I ask them if they want something and they say no and then 5 seconds later say yes...like when I ask them if they want lettuce and tomato and then they say no...and say like cucumbers, pickles, tomato, lettuce. That drives me crazy. Things are in a specific order for a reason. If lettuce and tomato go on after other things its too hard to close their sub. A couple of weeks ago a lady told me she didn't want her sub toasted, I made the whole thing and then she was like wait...I wanted that toasted. She made me throw all the toppings out and toast it and then put them all back on.

Theres so many more things that irritate me, but unfortunately I have to get ready for work now.
post #49 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover19 View Post
I don't like when I am at work and people are trying to tell me how to do my job. Sometimes I just feel like telling the customers to come behind the counter and do it themselves. It drives me crazy when people come in and I'm making their sub and I ask them if they want something and they say no and then 5 seconds later say yes...like when I ask them if they want lettuce and tomato and then they say no...and say like cucumbers, pickles, tomato, lettuce. That drives me crazy. Things are in a specific order for a reason. If lettuce and tomato go on after other things its too hard to close their sub. A couple of weeks ago a lady told me she didn't want her sub toasted, I made the whole thing and then she was like wait...I wanted that toasted. She made me throw all the toppings out and toast it and then put them all back on.

Theres so many more things that irritate me, but unfortunately I have to get ready for work now.
Oh I couldn't agree more! I used to hate working in a resturant for those very reasons!!!! People can be soooooooo rude sometimes! I had a few occassions where I was very tempted to tell the customers just where they could go ....thankfully that was only a summer job when I was in high school. I definitely couldn't do it now. Good luck at work today- I hope they are nice to you. I'm always super nice to the ppl who work in resturants because I've been there before and understand how hard it can be.
post #50 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittermom View Post
I HATE when Shawn leaves the darn seat up!!! I fell in the toilet,thankfully CLEAN, when I was pg with Seth.Let's just say,Shawn woke up REAL fast and hasn't done it since.
See, I'd rather them leave it up them use the bathroom and leave it down...
post #51 of 51
they all know to put the seat up to go and then down after it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › What irriates you?