1. you said you know how to shoot a shotgun - do you enjoy shooting? do you shoot at indoor ranges or anything like that? I used to go target shooting with pistols with my boyfriend but we haven't been in ages.
I definitely enjoy shooting. I shoot at an indoor range near us that has a set up for pistols, shotguns, etc...it's really nice. I like to go target shooting- it's fun, and it helps perfect your stance and aim....I am big on practice and knowing exactly what to do and the best form to have should I need to use it. I do like going to the range with Colin though- it's something we both like to do and feel safer knowing how to do. We are SUPER careful though- All of the guns are stored away safely at home so that when my family and their kids are over they could not get ahold of them if they wanted. Colin and I are big on gun safety and responsible ownership.
2. what's the last concert you went to? if you could see any band live, who would it be (and who would you want to open?)
Saliva (I go to concerts all the time- I was a MUID major for years- I used to go 5-6 nights a week to record shows, scout, etc...I love concerts!) I reallllllllllly wanna see Tina Dico or Green Day! I would love to see Green Day and have Egypt Central and The United open for them.
3. have you decided who you're going to pick for next week's spotlight yet?
Yup!!! But i'm keeping it a surprise till then
4. how on earth do you raise up little baby kittens, and then let them go without it tearing your heart out? I think you do a wonderful thing, but I don't know if I could let any of them go.
Well.....it's always hard as a foster mom..but I try to remind myself that there are not too many people out there who do this (especially not near me), so every kitten I foster I try to remember I am helping. It hurts to let them go....it about kills me when one of them passes away. But you know...when one of them finds a wonderful forever home that is going to love and take care of them for the rest of their lives- that always reminds me how important my volunteer work is and how everything that leads up to the adoption is worth it
. I'm still missing little Kenzie like crazy- I purpousely haven't been up to Petsmart to see her yet because I know if I do I will wind up taking her home- so I have all of my friends at the shelter calling me and giving me updates, etc so I won't worry about her or try to keep her lol./ Also it does break my heart a little bit each time I have to let one of the go and be placed up for adoption- when you're with them 24/7 feeding them, cleaning them, playing with them, bonding with them...it's impossible not to get attached- you can't avoid it- they become a part of your life and your family....so it always hurts to let them go...but it always brings a smile to my face when I find the perfect new home for them- it's just one more success story and one more kitty saved from potential euthanazia or other harm.
It's hard work, it's not for everyone, but it's definitely for me....I feel like i'm really blessed to be able to foster.
5. Colin's a cop... has he ever made creative use of his handcuffs?
Hehe, I plea the 5th
6. do your cats like their tummies rubbed, or are they the type of cats where the tummy is a "no go" zone?
Jasmine, Isabella, and the foster kittens as well as Fosters and Ginger (dogs) LOVE their tummies rubbed!
however, Velvet doesn't care for her tummy rubbed- she'd rather be petted or have her head scratched, Sophie(bunny) will tear your hand from shread to shread if you try that....and Abilene- well, she will put the fear of God in someone if you try to touch her belly
She's my little attack cat
7. what's one movie that really affected you, that made you sit there afterwards and think "wow"
Band of Brothers- it's a series on WWII...it accurately covers everything from D-day, different parts of France, Austria, Germany, the concentration camps, and what it really was like for the soldier who fought in WWII. It's about Easy Company- it is by far, one of the most increadable war series i've ever seen- I would recommend it to anyone! It's absolutely incredable. It really hold a lot of meaning to me as well because over 1/2 of my family on my dad's side lived in Europe during WWII. All of my family that was in europe during that time died during the Holocaust. I can't possible express how much meaning and value this series holds to me - especially series 9 "Why We Fight" - it is just stunning. I was crying the whole time- it amazes me that my family died in concentration camps just like those in the movie...it saddens me soo much that they were killed that way.
Hotel Rowanda- I believe everyone should see this- it's increadable what those people went through- people do not need to forget their stories...
Memoirs of a Geisha- it really made me think about an entirely differnt culture, time period, lifestyle....i think that movie was absolutely wonderful.
8. do you like poetry? if so, which poets do you like? I LOVE poetry- I'm a musician....so I am always writing lyrics, poetry, music..you name it. I've very espressive. Lord Byron is my favorite author. "She Walks in Beauty" is my favorite poem by him.
9. do you have a passport? Yup!
10. are you afraid of spiders? I have scars from 3 brown recluse spiders- I HATE SPIDERS!!!!
11. how do you spend your time on the net (besides TCS)
When i'm not working on stuff for school, i'm usually on TCS (haha as if you couldn't tell by the # of my posts
), I also check out my facebook account and check email sometimes