Question of the Day - Thursday May 2, 2024

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What has been your rose, bud and thorn this week?

Rose = Good thing that happened, Bud = Something you're excited about, Thorn = Something not good that happened

My rose is that my blood work from my fertility appointment doesn't look too concerning leading to my thorn being the one blood work result that wasn't good and I now have to have an MRI to see if I have a tumor on my pituitary gland (almost all tumors on the pituitary gland are benign), and my bud is that the weather might be good tomorrow so I can finally finish installing a drain in my front yard. I hope the nesting cardinal that keeps yelling at me will be gone soon because I don't want to keep annoying her but I've had this drain project in progress for weeks.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, my thorn is that M fell off the bay window and busted her lip and gum earlier this week, but the rose in that is that she didn't appear to damage any teeth. I guess my bud is a stroller strides coffee date for tomorrow.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Rose: the giant sunflower seeds I planted are growing like gangbusters! Bud: more rain coming, which will help them along! Thorn: banana slugs munch sunflowers & adore rain. :banana2:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rose: I got 85% of my yard work done, and the weather was perfect for it!
Thorn: I had a few nights that I found it impossible to fall asleep. :sigh:
And the bud, I'm bringing a new puppy home next week! :party:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rose - this was my last week of work before taking a holiday. I'm not going anywhere, it's just a needed break and I'm planning on doing some spring cleaning and yard work.
Bud - Seriously...all I can think of is how great it'll be when I'm done my spring cleaning/purging....SOOOOO excited!!!!!!! And Yes, I know I'm weird to be excited to clean.
Thorn - Had to bring our van in to the shop....could cost us a pretty penny to fix up.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm ... finding out I have more superannuation than I thought was definitely a rose. Dunno if I'd count it as a bud, because I'm not excited, just pleased - rewriting the badly-written pattern I'm knitting. (Patons clearly don't test knit anything these days.) The thorn - a minor prick, hopefully - is getting a message from Centrelink saying I have a phone interview on Sunday week. It may be something good, given the section it's from, but I could have done without the stress of not knowing what it's about.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Rose and Bud are the same - our daughter and son-in-law are visiting from the UK. Thorn - two broods of cicadas are coming soon.:eek:

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
🌹 I have a couple of things. I'll go with the solar lights DH is putting out in our yard. They are really pretty.

Bud: I am excited about choosing 🍅 plants for our little garden. Every year, I like to get a couple of tried and true and some variety I have never grown.

Thorn: Being in pain and trying to deal with worker's comp about getting an MRI set up. It's like pulling 🦷🦷🦷 dealing with people who won't return my calls.