Zorro's vet visit

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I took Zorro to the vet the other day to get his paw looked at. My mother paid for the visit because she wanted me to go in and see what he said before I paid $200 for a biopsy. Anyways, the good news is that he doesn't think its a malignant tumor. He said that it doesn't look anything like the other one's he's seen in the past few months. He thinks its either a severe bone infection, or bone cancer. He's on a different course of antibiotics and prednisone for the next 3 weeks, then he has to go in for an ex-ray to see how bad the infection is. If the infection's made holes in the bone, or if it looks life cancer, the vet wants to amputate the leg. I'm hoping it doesn't come to that though, because I can't amputate his front leg. Both of his back legs are so weak and partially paralized that if we got his front leg amputated, he wouldn't be able to walk. I don't know what we'll do if it comes to that.
He also needs to be put back on prednisone for his back. Its bothering him again and the vet wants him to stay on it for the rest of his life. He also needs to talk glucosamine and condroitins every day.
On the good note though- The vet said that his teeth are doing amazing considering the mouth problems that he has. The gums are only slightly inflamed. I've been using a product called Nature's Dentist, and its doing wonders.
I'm glad I decided to take him in though. It was WELL worth the money. Please send lots of 'get healthy' vibes for the poor little guy. I'm hoping its just a bad infection and he'll only need to be on antibiotics for a few months. We'll find out in a few weeks.