Zorbium! How can I stop the effects?

SoftAries

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Why oh why did I not Google this when the vet decided to offer this. Went to yet another spay surgery where I was not given pain meds. Went to the local one that for some reason gave me zorbium over the Buprene that I requested. I didn't check and now my extremely hyper kitten is off the walls.

Can I wash it off? Currently I have her in a cat carrier but she's freaking out in that right now too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SoftAries

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't think there is anything you can do, but please call the vet and report it and ask anyway. You can also call Elanco and report it to them and ask them the same question. This isn't the first time I have seen issues with this version of Bupe.
Thank you for letting me know, I tried washing it off just in case before posting. But I guess that makes sense. She's just super loopy, thankfully she's not bolting around as bad as some people have claimed their cats do. She's also at least hungry too, but seems to have had an accident and I'm not sure if it's just because the ones he got on her way or she actually peed herself. Hard to tell.

SoftAries

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Excuse the terrible typos. I'm speed typing on my phone. ☠

But, vet is closed early. I just learned. Here's hoping it starting wears off soon. 😓

SoftAries

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

SoftAries

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just a small update. I actually didn't find as much about Zorbium here as I did Reddit. But, It's definitely a lot of doomsday talk over there, so it can definitely cause alarm. But, Keaton is doing ok. She actually only hallucinated super hard in the first 2 hours, and keeping her in a dark room really help sedate her.
The Zorbium is still in her system today, but not as much. And ever since the first little come up, she's been lounging and just staring into space and EXTREMELY affectionate complete with combat rolling her bedding into a knot. Which is much more preferred for a kitten that has a tendency to be extremely hyper, and clingy. And with physical sutures in her, it's probably for the best

It's true what they say, sleep really doesn't seem easy on this drug for kitties. While it has kept her in a completely different world to a point where her separation anxiety isn't even a factor and she hasn't meowed since we got it, she seems unable to truly sleep. Not good for healing.

She's eating and using the bathroom as normal, while this was not an ideal thing to be given, I think just knowing she's in 0% pain is at least a comfort.