Ziwipeak Changes

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got a new bag of air dried food for my dog and it came with a label saying they had a "new look" and "changes" coming. Here's the link to the site which lists the changes to both their cat and dog versions, as well as both the air dried and canned.

For canned, they are removing both agar-agar, and TSPP; however, they're adding chickpeas as a binder to replace them. They're also adding a new flavor for cats, mackeral and lamb. 

http://www.ziwipeak.com/new-look

lokhismom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the info.

Grrr...my 2 love the canned Rabbit and Lamb.   I hope this change doesn't turn them off, especially my picky one Lokhi.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks for the info.

Grrr...my 2 love the canned Rabbit and Lamb.   I hope this change doesn't turn them off, especially my picky one Lokhi.
I feed the rabbit and lamb too as a snack. I do wonder why they chose to add chickpeas rather than just omit the binder, like Feline Naturals does. 

ziwi cust care

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This year, due to consumer requests, we are  removing agar agar and tetrasodium pyrophosphate (binding/gelling agents) from our canned recipes.

Because cats are known to be very particular regarding not only the taste and scent of their food, but also the texture and consistency, we conducted feeding trials as part of our research into improving our canned recipes. The consensus was that most cat owners (and their cats) seem to prefer a loaf-like texture. Our extensive research indicated that the healthiest way to achieve this is by adding a small amount of chickpea to our canned recipes.  

Please note that, on a Dry Matter Basis, our canned cat recipes still consist of 93% meat, organs and New Zealand Green Mussel, along with small amounts of ground bone.

If you have additional questions, please contact us at [email protected], or call our North American Customer Care line at 1-877-464-9494.  

dogtahs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you get small bone fragments within the Rabbit and Lamb recipe? It seems that most of the cans contain it, our cats love it but I'm a little hesitant giving it to them now.

ziwi cust care

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi dogtahs,

Since bone, a natural source of calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and other nutrients, is an attribute of the wild-prey diet of dogs and cats, we offer Ziwi canned Rabbit & Lamb recipe, which contains finely minced New Zealand wild rabbit (including bone). For those who prefer not to feed foods containing visible bone, we offer Beef, Lamb, Venison and our new Mackerel & Lamb recipe, which all contain small amounts of finely ground bone. If you have additional questions, please contact our Customer Care department via email:  [email protected]