Zeus won't be home for Xmas

imp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Before the work on the site was done i posted a thread about the fact that i had to put in an application to keep my kitten Zeus.

I said i would update everyone when i had news and unfortunately they have rejected my application. This really sucks!!
I now have to apply for a mediator as the Strata by-laws said they can't reject my application without a reason and as far as i am concerned "we've never allowed pets" is not a good enough reason.

I am so depressed that i can't even be bothered putting up Xmas decorations. I'm afraid it's bah humbug as far as i am concerned until my baby comes home - hopefully in 2005.

Mindy

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww hunz im so sorry to hear that
*hugz*
just smuggle the kitten to where you are?
I hope you get your little Zeus soon!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

imp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He was living with me for a while but the woman in number 6 reported me. It's all a bit creepy because the only way she would have known i had Zeus is by looking in my windows...

Anyway, i'm keeping my fingers crossed and hopefully this will sort itself out soon.

imp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She seems to be a miserable old thing! We're alwasy getting letters for one thing or another. The latest is that residents are not allowed to leave their washing on the line for more than a day or thye will be reported to - you guessed it - the Starta corporation.

Sorry, i'm not normally so bitchy, i'm a bit upset.

Thanks for listening!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
she looks into your windows????????
Report her for invading your privacy!
Just get a big dog to go and eat that old woman!
i really dont like old miserable women who dont like anything because they dont have anything else to do appart from invading other peoples lives, and because they never got to achieve anything of their own!

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mindy, so sorry about Zeus! There's still a chance right? Don't give up!
As for that nosy lady, why don't you put a sign on your window exclusively aimed at her with big red letters saying "Miss..., what you are doing is against the law" or something like that.

zanniesmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't suppose you have any handicaps, do you? Maybe an intermittent depression? The reason I ask is because at a local state housing unit, a resident has severe depression. They don't allow pets there but she was able to get a cat because her doctor wrote her a letter stating that since she lived alone it was very important for her to have a pet to care for, to treat her depression. It worked. Maybe your doctor would help? Becky

grissom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
"As for that nosy lady, why don't you put a sign on your window exclusively aimed at her with big red letters saying "Miss..., what you are doing is against the law" or something like that. "

I think you should report her. Tell them she knows things that can only be known by looking through your windows, which is illegal, and if they won't look into it, you will press charges against her and them. Even if you don't mean it, they will have to take you seriously.

I don't understand what the corperation has to do with it? Are you living in company housing? Maybe I missed something.

imp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone, so much, for your support!!

I'm a big one for Karma so i am hoping that will take care of the nosey old bat
I'm not a big one for confrontation and i generally keep my shutters closed if i am not home now but if i catch her peeping in you can bet i will say something or report her! At the moment i wouldn't be able to prove anything.

As for the Strata Management - In Australia there are bodies that govern apartment buildings to protect the rights of the owners for common property. I'm not quite sure how it works but even if i owned the flat they can prevent me from having a cat as it contradicts the by laws set by the corporation - which is made up of landlords. Normally they are not stricly upheld i was just unlucky that this group are not pet friendly. Strictly speaking i am in the wronng so i am now trying to do the right thing and go through the right channels. Hopefully it will all work out and i definitely will not give up. If i don't get permission i will just have to move - i'd rather live somewhere Zeus is welcome anyway.

Thanks again everyone - i drive everyone mad at work talking about my cat so it's nice to be able to chat to fellow cat lovers

imp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I might just talk to my doctor too - it's actually not so far from the truth. Thanks for the advice Becky.

I'll let you all know how i go.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bummer!! Well, I'm pulling for you -- lotsa good vibes comin' your way -- hoping the powers that be will see sense and let Zeus come home.