Zanex...

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know them by the mg, but how many is he supposed to take and how many is he actually taking?

This is why I don't want to take xanax...they make me feel tired, which makes me grumpy and annoying to be around lol, and they do give you a little buzzed feeling. Instead, I asked the doctor to give me klonopin. Its like xanax, but isn't as strong, doesn't give me that tired feeling and just makes me feel better.

Maybe you could ask that he be switched to something else? (like klonopin)

I hope that the situation gets better soon.
I know how hard it is to deal with anxiety so I do know what he feels like...but that is no excuse to take more than you should to get high off of it. Plus the more he takes, the more it builds up in his system...no wonder he is sleeping so much.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beck4582

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So I took him to the doctor today. I got up this morning and saw that the bottle we refilled on Sunday afternoon (30 pills) only had 5 left and kind of freaked out. The doctor told me to monitor the meds and only give him 3 a day. We also started with the counselor today. That went well. I think it's going to really help him. Hopefully he won't get too upset when I only give him three a day. I'm going to have to find a clever place to hide them...

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beck4582

So I took him to the doctor today. I got up this morning and saw that the bottle we refilled on Sunday afternoon (30 pills) only had 5 left and kind of freaked out. The doctor told me to monitor the meds and only give him 3 a day. We also started with the counselor today. That went well. I think it's going to really help him. Hopefully he won't get too upset when I only give him three a day. I'm going to have to find a clever place to hide them...
I'm glad things are working out.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

I'm glad things are working out.
Me too. I would imagine it'll be rough for a few days, but it sounds like you guys are getting him back on the track to health. Good luck.

eliot'smom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good luck with everything...it sounds like you are taking steps in the right direction.....I hope that your husband can start on the road to recovery and everyone is feeling better soon!

save_adopt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
they sell lock boxes pertty cheap, if you get a small one just big enough to throw the bottle of pills into, theres really no way he can get into it... i tried breaking into mine when i lost the keys and thats pretty hard to do. It may be a little saddening to have to lock them up but if it will keep him safe ide think its worth it