Zane Attacked Me!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Oh no!
Were you given antibiotics? I don't know what to tell you to do for the pain, that's a tough spot. Maybe more could be done in the ER.
I'm on penecillin. The doctor says if the swelling gets worse or the fever goes up, go straight to the emergency room.

When you said he "got you good" I figured it was bad, but not that bad. Definitely keep a very close eye on it today and tomorrow. Hopefully the infection can be cleared up and they won't have to open the wound up and add any sort of drains - that would probably make for bad scaring.
Scars make a man look distinguished. I will tell people that it was from an encounter with a lynx or a puma, if it comes to that.

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You do have a current tetanus shot, right? They last 10 years. Cat bites are puncture wounds so if you don't have one you need one.

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by howtoholdacat

You do have a current tetanus shot, right? They last 10 years. Cat bites are puncture wounds so if you don't have one you need one.
Yes, I'm OK with that.

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just looking out for ya! Once I was bitten by a cat and went to the Prompt Care. They didn't even ask if I'd had a tetanus shot. Luckily, I knew I needed one. Now I make it my mission to inform others.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zane's Pal

Scars make a man look distinguished. I will tell people that it was from an encounter with a lynx or a puma, if it comes to that.
well, I'm sure Zane thinks he's one of the above

Lot's of healing vibes for you I also did not realize he got you that good.

I'm thinking you should add a welder's mask to those gloves when you pet him

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The swelling has gone down a lot and the general body/joint aches seem to have reversed themselves. I don't think I'll need to go to the emergency room, but rather to just take the antibiotic course.