Zack the Ragdoll is panting, then choking...

zack attack

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Not sure whether he is over-stimulated or too warm, but is panting common in cats???  He is almost a year old, and very active a lot of the time.  He loves to tear from one end of the house to the other at full tilt!

guslizsid

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi, no, i don't think panting is common for cats. an almost year old cat tearing from one end of the house to the other at full tilt definitely is :) did you know that cats can suffer from allergies? i would take him to the vet, or at least call, it probably isn't anything to worry about but better safe. good luck, let us know what's going on.

guslizsid

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
um sorry, i just realized you'd said choking, that could be serious, please get him to the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zack attack

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Zack went to the vet today, and she gave him a clean bill of health, thank God!  The panting was probably due to being overheated and overstimulated (after all, he is still a kitten!).  His heart and lungs sounded complete normal.  Since he is still eating and drinking well, there were no health concerns.  We turned the air conditioning on last night, and he has been fine since, so I guess you could say he is just a pampered kitty and needs his cool air!

guslizsid

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thank you for updating, glad all is well & zack is just as spoiled as all kitties should be :)