Status
Not open for further replies.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Yuck!

Movie theater popcorn - with lots of butter?
Honestly, it use to be "YUM, YUM".......But these days it's "Yuck"...
Escargot........
Only good when served right!

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fried zucchini? Heck yeah!!

I'm starting to forget what's already been posted...

How about peanut butter?

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mystik Spiral

Fried zucchini? Heck yeah!!

I'm starting to forget what's already been posted...

How about peanut butter?
yum if its with chocolate otherwise yuck

coconut

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mystik Spiral

I'm starting to forget what's already been posted
I think we can repeat

Originally Posted by ut0pia

coconut
yum to 100% pure unsweetened natural coconut water (great thirst-quencher). but yuck to "sugary pseudo coconut anything" and yuck to anything that tastes too coconutty

Bean sprouts

bedweary

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Honey baked ham..yummy!

meatloaf?

Originally Posted by blueyedgirl5946

pig stomach nobody ever tried it I am sure
(Have any of you tried pig stomach? Sounds repulsive but I've never eaten it.)

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Watermelon YUM

Originally Posted by bedweary

According to this page on bacon, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pork_belly (also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacon ) if you've had bacon, and most of us have, then most likely you've tried pig belly. But if you mean the inside inside
, then no I've never tried that and probably won't ever because, like you said, it sounds repulsive.

Next up:

Brussels sprouts \\ Edit: oops never mind. this was already asked on page 1

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Do you mean something like tripe? I've tried it, it is really good.
This is what I've had, and is cooked at my house frequently though I don't eat it much anymore. This says it's cow stomach but it can be pig's too. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C4%B0%...%A7orbas%C4%B1
It's also supposed to be healthier than other parts of the pig because it's low in fat and cholesterol.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

Honey baked ham..yummy!

meatloaf?

It's actually quite good. Filled pig stomach is an old PA Dutch dish. You actually combine potatoes, onions, and sausage, fill the stomach, sew it shut, and roast it for several hours. Then after it has set for 10 minutes or so, you can easily slice it into thick slices. And yes, it is good.

You have to understand that I live in the center of PA's Amish and Mennonite communities. They use everything from an animal, except the hooves (and if they find a way to use them, they probably would.) My grandmother used to make filled pig stomach and my mother still does.

I can't touch the raw stomach, so I can't fill it. But once it's roasted, yes, I will eat it. Mom keeps saying that I'm going to have to get over my phobia about touching the raw stomach because she's not going to live forever. I will buy all the ingredients, though, and she'll make it for us. My DH won't eat the stomach, but he loves the filling.

Mom has also stuffed beef heart with a good stuffing of bread, onions, celery, herbs, etc. She roasts that, too. I probably eat filled pig stomach once a year, if I'm lucky (or unlucky, depending on how you want to look at it). I don't remember the last time I had a slice of beef heart.

It's really all in how, when, and where you were raised, I guess.

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Winchester

It's actually quite good. Filled pig stomach is an old PA Dutch dish. You actually combine potatoes, onions, and sausage, fill the stomach, sew it shut, and roast it for several hours. Then after it has set for 10 minutes or so, you can easily slice it into thick slices. And yes, it is good.

You have to understand that I live in the center of PA's Amish and Mennonite communities. They use everything from an animal, except the hooves (and if they find a way to use them, they probably would.) My grandmother used to make filled pig stomach and my mother still does.

I can't touch the raw stomach, so I can't fill it. But once it's roasted, yes, I will eat it. Mom keeps saying that I'm going to have to get over my phobia about touching the raw stomach because she's not going to live forever. I will buy all the ingredients, though, and she'll make it for us. My DH won't eat the stomach, but he loves the filling.

Mom has also stuffed beef heart with a good stuffing of bread, onions, celery, herbs, etc. She roasts that, too. I probably eat filled pig stomach once a year, if I'm lucky (or unlucky, depending on how you want to look at it). I don't remember the last time I had a slice of beef heart.

It's really all in how, when, and where you were raised, I guess.
We never did pig stomach but what seems like miles of intestines for sausage casings. It took me years to be able to touch them, depsite having helped cut meat from when i was old enough to handle a knife. The casings were nasty - slimy, pale white things that looked gross.

Love beef heart - used to make soup out of it, broth really, and would have that, home made noodles and slices of the heart alongside. I much preferred tongue to heart but liked them both.

back to our regularly scheduled postings!!

Avocados - YUCK!! grease in a very unattractive skin

Beef tongue

Status
Not open for further replies.