Yuck! :( Gyno today.

save_adopt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ummm wow. i feel young. what exactly do that do when you go in? and why does it sound so horrible?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ilovejoelyo

ummm wow. i feel young. what exactly do that do when you go in? and why does it sound so horrible?
Umm...besides get naked in front of someone you dont even know, except for your lovely paper gown! As for the rest....I'll let someone else inform you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Cindy, I gotta tell ya, my gyno is a sexy thang too, but in those circumstances, that's the last thing on my mind!
Yesterday went fine. I wish you all lived around here and could go to him. He is the kindest, most gentle doctor ever made and not once has he ever hurt me. He did his pap, a rectal,
(didn't hurt though) breast exam, even did an internal ultrasound because I was spotting even while on the continuous birthcontrol for my endometreosis. He found a fibroid on my uterous, so we discussed a hystorectomy sometime in my future............we'll see.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Is he married?

Pleased it went well though Susie, and if you have to have a hysto to solve the problem once and for all then so be it!.
Yep, Dr. Dan is married.....but what a hunk! Your right Susan, I"m not looking forward to a hysto, but almost everyone I know that has had one says afterwards they are glad they had it. I'm thinking maybe I"ll schedule it the first of the year, unless something comes up to make me have it sooner.

Please, all you women out there, go ever year for all your tests, ok? They aren't bad and can save you so much pain later.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Yep, Dr. Dan is married.....but what a hunk! Your right Susan, I"m not looking forward to a hysto, but almost everyone I know that has had one says afterwards they are glad they had it. I'm thinking maybe I"ll schedule it the first of the year, unless something comes up to make me have it sooner.

Please, all you women out there, go ever year for all your tests, ok? They aren't bad and can save you so much pain later.
Honestly, Susie, I have to agree with the "glad to have had it"......my onlly wish is that I'd had it sooner than I did, would have been easier physically on me and my dr too!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

doesnt endremosis (sp) prevent you to have babies?
It most definitely can Fwan......

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
last time i had a pap they made me go in for a colposcopy (sp?) to cut a piece out and I'm telling you what--that was the worst pain EVER. I think I have a super sensitive cervix or something. I still have nightmares from it
I hope this time I'm OK because I'm not sure that I would go back to have it done again..

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by annabelle33

last time i had a pap they made me go in for a colposcopy (sp?) to cut a piece out and I'm telling you what--that was the worst pain EVER. I think I have a super sensitive cervix or something. I still have nightmares from it
I hope this time I'm OK because I'm not sure that I would go back to have it done again..
I had the same procedure done and let me tell you, with my gyno, I didn't feel a thing. He told me he would give me a little shot to numb the cervix before he took the biopsy, and I didn't feel a thing. I was even afraid of the shot! (I mean a shot, "up there"?) Ugh. But I truly didn't feel it! I think it all depends on the bedside manner of each doctor. My gyno does everything possible to make it as painless for us as possible.

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

I had the same procedure done and let me tell you, with my gyno, I didn't feel a thing. He told me he would give me a little shot to numb the cervix before he took the biopsy, and I didn't feel a thing. I was even afraid of the shot! (I mean a shot, "up there"?) Ugh. But I truly didn't feel it! I think it all depends on the bedside manner of each doctor. My gyno does everything possible to make it as painless for us as possible.
OMG you got a shot??

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

OMG you got a shot??
LOL, yes I did. When he told me he was going to numb the cervix to take a sample, I thought, EWWW. I hate shots in the best of circumstances! But truly, I NEVER felt a thing, the biopsy or the shot or anything.

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought they didn't do the shots so I didn't ask, and then they did it and I passed out and the nurse that was attending used that smelly stuff to wake me up and it was awful because i was completely naked, well i had that paper thing on me but when i passed out it fell off, and i was laying on my side so my butt was hanging out and they called bf in because I was freaking out and it was just embarassing

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I thought they didn't do the shots so I didn't ask, and then they did it and I passed out and the nurse that was attending used that smelly stuff to wake me up and it was awful because i was completely naked, well i had that paper thing on me but when i passed out it fell off, and i was laying on my side so my butt was hanging out and they called bf in because I was freaking out and it was just embarassing
Oh my, I have to agree, that would be embarrassing!