Your Username?

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both my mother and I have had a grey cat so that makes two in the family.

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My user name is easy- my first name and birth year. Yeah- old lady here.
I use some variation of it anytime I need to create a user name,

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I first selected a user name, lo these maaaaaaaaaaaany years ago, I was still in a position to use the name Rapunzel (I have since cut it all off). Given that the first time or two I ran into it already being used, and offered options of Rapunzel## -- whatever was next in line, I decided to get ahead of everyone and choose my own numerals. 47, being the year of my birth, seemed high enough and easy enough to remember.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ReesesPBC = Reeses is the name of my cat, and PBC either stands for Peanut Butter Cup or Peanut Butter Cat, because that's what her colors remind me of.

trinettec

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mine isn't very creative, just my middle name and last intital. I haven't run into many other trinette's on the net yet so it stays pretty unique

lottomagicz4941

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Mine is just my initials. I'd never been on a message board or part of any messaging service prior to joining TCS. Wish I'd been more creative!

What's behind yours?

Laurie
When I first came online I just used my real name. Some were all that is not safe. Some hounded me for my real name.

I was ZielRocker but people just called me Zrocker. Then one day I couldn't get on a forum that I was on and re-registered as LottoMagicZ4941 since I was going on to post adverts.

One forum objected to the lotto club so I changed my name to LOVEgoesMLM and plugged a dating site I joined to promote the lotto club.

One time the TOS got to me so I used the name IncognitoNOT but found out several others were already using that name.

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've used the same one since 1997. It was the year I got divorced and it was just me and my 2 girls. So:
Lisasha3 means:
LIS = Me
ASH = Ashleigh (my older daughter)
SHA = Shauna (my younger daughter)
3 = for the 3 of us.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sicy is my online nickname, has been for years. It is pronouced "Sissy" and its short for Sicilian

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I couldn't think of any orginal at the time so its first name and first inital of last name. Since then I of course have thought of more orginal names but that's ok-its easy to remember!!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi

Because that is the name of my cat. I did not know at the time I made the username that I would be getting another cat. And now the new cat is plenty mad over the whole thing (that her name is not part of the username.) It is my understanding that you can do something about it after 1200 posts and I see you have well over that number. I hope that is true because I have been telling Alley I would change my username to include her when I got to 1200 posts.
I hate to disappoint you, but you can only change the appearance of your username, e.g., bold, italics, underlined, the color, a glow or shadow color, or the font. Those options are only available to paying members (subscribers).

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lot of people think mine has to do with Jazz music. But it's actually because I love Utah Jazz basketball. Thus, mzjazz2u = (that's) Mz Jazz to you. And I've used that nickname forever online. So it's easy to remember whenever I sign up for something.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it is soooo sweet that a number of people have made their names memorials of kitties they've loved!

And Sicy - I've been pronouncing it wrong when I read it!

Laurie

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's my real name

It's not that I'm not creative, it's just that I'm that gregarious

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing really fancy or anything about mine. "Essayons" is French for "let us try" (I don't know if that's an acurate translation or not) but it's the official motto of the US Army Engineers. I was a combat engineer in the US Army so I just use that for my screen name on most forums I visit.