Your thoughts on this product?

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I wouldn't go so far as the "elegant" no tip shape, but it seems like an interesting concept to prevent eating too much too quickly. Too bad this doesn't come in a design for us humans!

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Too bad they don't make it for cats.

My cats are allergic to plastic dishes. Hopefully they'll come up with a metal one soon.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra

Well, I wouldn't go so far as the "elegant" no tip shape, but it seems like an interesting concept to prevent eating too much too quickly. Too bad this doesn't come in a design for us humans!
Stephanie you took the words right out of my mouth

I would like to see the demo done in a real dog dish not a pyrex bowl

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All you need is a coffee mug for dry cat food, then they have to fish it out piece by piece and eat it.

Keeps them from puking from eating too fast if they have that problem, and also works for the "emotional eater" my sister has, since he can't eat so fast and so gain so much weight.

amitya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ya know lots of big dog people have been making their own type of these bowls-- We use a large ROCK in my GSDs bowl ( they have a huge rubber feed dish and they chew up everything else we have bought them, even metal dishes) The advantages of the rock-- they have to eat around it so they eat slower, and they cant move the feed bowl.
wouldnt live without it. Plus that little plastic thing on the website wouldnt last more than a few minutes at my house. I have seen breeders and dog friends use multiple rocks, as well as tennis balls in their dogs food bowls to slow down eating--

another way is to feed kibble by kibble if you feed kibble.

jme

amity

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It doesn't look very sturdy, and I've never found a plastic bowl that a large dog couldn't tip. We had to use very heavy stainless pots for our last dog, and my mom's dogs push the plastic ones all over the kitchen. I think one of those large "treat balls" or a Kong would work just as well for a gobbler.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad I've been blessed with a big dog with good eating habits.
I feed him a measured amount, once a day, and he takes two, sometimes three trips to his dish to finish his food.

I've had dogs that ate like the one in the video though, and I'd have loved something like this then.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I need this for 8-Bit. He eats so fast sometimes he throws up afterwards. My only problem is that it is VERY blue and ugly (IMO).