Your thoughts on getting 2 sibling kittens?

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got just one kitten to start with....then added another, the same age, 4 months later. (They are not from the same litter, but have bonded beautifully)
I would recommend getting your kittens in pairs if it is possible for you to have 2.
2 are better than 1, and if you can get siblings then you won`t have to worry about the introduction phase. 2 boys, 2 girls ,or one of each...does`nt matter. (you are planning on getting them fixed, right?)
HAVE FUN, FUN, FUN with your new babies!
Linda

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When our daughter moved back home she brought Mika with her. We kept Bijou and Mika separated for one month with nightly and weekend supervised visits. They would be OK together for a bit then Bijou would get rough with Mika and since he was twice her size we would separate them.

After the month was up, we felt their visits were getting better and longer and they would be OK so we left them together for the first time on Christmas day when we went to my in-laws.

When we got home everything was fine and they've been buddies ever since. Occasionally they still play rough, but Mika seems to be able to hold her own and often is the one who starts the rough-housing.

That was our experience - you may have no trouble at all if you are getting them together and bring them in to your home together.

Let us know how you do.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dexter & Sadie are brother & sister. They are 5 now. I loved watching them grow up together. Although they have very different personalities, they get along just fine. Boy/girl...girl/girl or boy/boy...go for it. Two kitties are going to have a loving home.