Your Thoughts on Cannabis?

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am all for pot being used to treat people with MS and such, if it helps relieve any of their pain.

In high school, many years ago, I smoked pot quite a bit with my best friend. It just relaxed me, and made me hungry. I never did get addicted to it, and I have not touched the stuff in years!!!! But I don't think it is as bad as other drugs....not even in the same catagory.

The problem with pot these days...and the reason why I would be terrified to have my step-children even try it, although I did, is that back when I smoked it, it was the mid 80's, and people weren't adding stuff to it like they do now....now if someone buys pot, you never know what else has been mixed with it, and I would never touch it now. I suppose it depends on where you get it.

Anyway, I don't feel like I was a terrible person for having tried it, and it didn't lead to other drugs, and I don't do it anymore, but I have a couple friends who do, and I don't think any less of them.

deehome

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Debby,
I'm with you. No you are not a terrible person for trying pot. As I stated in my looooong post I tried it in college. We tried it, did it but didn't NEED it. You made the choice/decision to try it and you made the choice/decision to not do it any more. You were not afraid to get on with living your life. You didn't need the pot or any other drug to deal with living. Like you, I also believe that pot is not the worst drug by any means. I hope that I got across in my post that its not the drug, its the individuals choice in taking the particular drug that does or does not begin the damage. You're absolutely right about pot being mixed with other things nowdays. A lot of the "street drugs" are mixed with other things and none of them good for you. As far as I know there was no Aids in the 60's either. Life is dangerous now. But life is also beautiful. A sunrise, a sunset, a new baby, a new fur baby, color, passion, gentleness, laughter, the wisdom and strength in an elder person's face; life is beautiful. It is also very short. We should live it to best and fullest of our ability.
Blessed be. Deecat