Your parents' pet sayings?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kumbulu

My Grandmother always says, "Oh well, that's the way the mop flops", meaning that's just how life is.

When I do a job for her that I think is OK but she doesn't, she says, "Well, a blind man would be glad to see it."

One I heard today was, "Do it yourself. Are your hands painted on?"
Makes me think of one that's not in my family, but my husband's: "What's the matter? Got a piano tied to your leg?" to someone being lazy or expecting someone else to make the effort.

willowsmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
LOL Mine is pretty easy My mom used to tell me atleast 4-5 times a day.....Your Grounded,Go to your room, and after a while it became.....Give me your phone......gee you'd think I was a bad kid LOL......I just didn't like school and got bad grades.

My dad on the other hand used to tell me
"you're gonna be something someday"
"you're gonna be a beautiful women"
"you know you can talk to me"

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh and if I ask her what we're having for dinner she'll say "Wiggwom and a gooses bridle" or something along those lines LOL. and if I ask her "why" she'll say Y is a crooked letter and Z' is no better!

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My parents used to say some weird hickish things.

Dad would say:

"Were you born in a barn?"
"You make a better door than a window!"
"That smells like a ***** in heat!"<--this to describe heavy perfume

Mom would say:

"Jesus Christ on a crutch!"<--I got in trouble when I asked her why Jesus was on a crutch.
"That's slicker than snot!"
"You keep that up and one of you's gonna get hurt!"<--I have found myself saying this to my cats over and over again.