Your Oldest Working Appliance

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My clothes dryer is 51 years old - it was the orginal when the house was built.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have both of my mom's mixer's. The newer one is a Kitchen Aid from the 80's but I also have the one from when she got married so its from the 50's.
I have Mom's pressure cooker but haven't ever used it.
Neil uses Dad's chain saw which I think Dad bought in the late 70's (it would cost $700 to replace with similar model!!). Oh and how about the tractor's??
We have Neil's dad's John Deere's-one his dad bought new October 1951!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not sure how old exactly my stove is, but before we painted it, it was that mustard yellow! So it's older than me most likely. We had an ancient dryer, but we replaced that about a year or so ago. Everything else is pretty new since we made out like bandits from our wedding and my bridal showers. My study/storage room looks like a small appliance warehouse. A good and slightly bad thing I guess!
I haven't even been able to use a whole bunch of the stuff. Just waiting till I get my house so I can see what I have and not have to climb shelves to get it!

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our old stove was from a company that stopped making stoves about ten years before I was born (I was born in 1978), but the oven went up in flames a month or so ago so we no longer have it.
Still, it certainly didn't owe us anything! Our "new" stove belonged to J's folks and is probably about twenty years old, but it's in great shape (and thus far has not been on fire, so that's a plus!
).

Other than that, I also have an old Singer sewing machine that belonged to my grandmother; it's probably about fifty years old and still works. I don't use it very often, though.

The rest of our appliances are either less than two years old (bought when we moved into our new apartment in July 2005) or are of an unknown age (like the fridge, which came with the apartment -- I'd guess it's about ten years old).