Your motto...

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Is it written in large friendly letters?
Time to re-read those.

Across the top of my computer monitor is this, passed on to me by a good friend (the very person, in fact, who introduced me to the Hitchhiker books)...

"When you have a whole mess of things to do, do one of them first"

It helps maintain perspective when everything is happening at once.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one that comes from a Keith Anderson song. "The clothes don't make the man."

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And I also believe that "God never closes one door without opening another." Remember hearing it while watching one of my favorite movies Fried Green Tomatoes. and I used to hear my grandma say you can love a person and still not like what they do.

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

don't panic
Definitely!!!! And my towel is in the bathroom

I have a couple..........

"I find me funny and that's what's important".......meaning enjoy what you're doing even if you enjoy it in a different way than others intended. I have a quirky sense of humour and often get weird looks in response to comments I think are funny. I used to get stressed about not saying the right thing, but now....meh, why worry.

"If you drop your car keys into a river of molten lava, let them go....because, man, they're GONE!" ................meaning you can only control what's to come, not what is done, so let the past stay behind you.

And, my mom always said this to me and it did make me feel better when I was worrying about something I had to do, exams or whatever:
"You can only do your best".........meaning just that....if you try your best, you shouldn't feel bad if the outcome isn't perfect or what you wanted because you did everything you could.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mirinae

Mine is also "No regrets." I found that I was regretting a lot of things I had done or hadn't done in my life, and that I was spending more time worrying about these things, and the things I can't change or fix, than I was spending actually living my life. In the end, I decided to forgive myself for the mistakes I've made and the opportunities I've missed, and just to allow myself to enjoy my life regret-free.
I think you and I might actually be the same person...

Originally Posted by urbantigers

A lot of my favourite sayings or quotes are by (or attributed to) Gandhi. I think my favourite ones are "Be the change you want to see in the world", "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" and "Nobody can hurt me without my permission"
Ghandi is a man whom I try to emulate as much as possible. Just about every quote I've ever read of his makes me think, `YES! That's what I've been trying to say all this time'

Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

and I used to hear my grandma say you can love a person and still not like what they do.
My mum used to say that a lot - and it's SO true.

Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

not again

These are great everyone!! Keep `em coming!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sarah, I'm quite glad someone actually knew what I was referring to!

I saw a bumper sticker today that said "I hope God gives you double what you wish for me" which made me stop and think a second. It's a neat sentiment and reminds you not to wish ill for others (esp driving, though not a big issue for me!)

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a few:

1. To each their own.

2. Worry about tomorrow when it comes.

3. You can't control what people do or say, but you can change how you react to it.

4. Don't dwell on the past.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohhh I forgot my all-time favourite:

`Never cry over spilled milk, because all the forces of the universe were bent upon spilling it'

I LOVE that.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

Sarah, I'm quite glad someone actually knew what I was referring to!

I saw a bumper sticker today that said "I hope God gives you double what you wish for me" which made me stop and think a second. It's a neat sentiment and reminds you not to wish ill for others (esp driving, though not a big issue for me!)
Awww... I think thats great- if I had a car I'd want that bumper sticker