your jobs

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am a stay at home mommy!!! I would love to get out of the house and get a job, after my daughter starts Pre-K, which is next year.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by ILoveMyKitty

I don't currently have a job. i am looking for one and i sell my plasma twice a week. i think i want to do something with books. i'm not positive what. a librarian or something. but i want it to be more bookish and less peopleish. if you understand what i'm saying. right now i just need a job so i can pay my bills and save up to go to collage.
I'm sorry to hear you don't currently have a job. If you want to go into the library field, I'd recommend getting a MLS (Master of Library Science) degree, and from an ALA (American Library Association) accredited college. It's hard to move up in the library world without this; and some libraries won't accept non-ALA accredited degrees. I'm now paying the price for my lack of this degree (no real college education, either!), and sometimes, the snobbism from the MLS people at work really gets me down. The ultimate insult (not referring to my position here), was when they advertised for a new department head, and stated, "The position supervises 1.5 MLS catalogers." (The .5 person does have a MLS; just not from an ALA place, so they consider her a 1/2 person...)

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I find it interesting that many people tend to work in the same types of fields. Do you suppose that this means that people who work in certain professions tend to have similar interests and are therefore drawn to a site like this, or is it just random coincidence?

Originally Posted by sadieandziggy

I design Kitchens for a furniture company
I read this as "I design kittens..."
Now THAT would be a great job.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I knew at a very young age that I wanted to be in the medical field. I started out 24 years ago as a Surgical Technologist, went back to school after a while and became a Surgical First Assistant, went back to school again and became a Registered Nurse. Now I'm an RN Surgical First Assistant. I really love working in the operating room. I can't even imagine doing anything else.

ocicatdude

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm 18 and currently work for my dad who runs a plumbing buisness, I am on the office side of things though.. But will soon be a delivery driver for the company where i will be dropping fitting packs off to the plumbers on site.

I would love to work with animals of some sort and I have always said that, but as i dropped out of school at age 13 and got no grades of any sort it's not looking promising. Thought about going back to college to do my grades but that means i have to do 1 subject per year which will take me years to get what i want.

Looks like i'm stuck in the office, but I cant complain I'm very lucky that my dad runs the buisness else I would have trouble finding a job with no qualifications around here!

skyefire

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am currently run a home daycare, decided after my last baby that my former job was not going to cut it with having 2 kids (I was a Store Manager for a Telecommunications company) I was tired of being on call.

So now I stay at home with all my little kiddies Skylar (8) and Phoenix (1) are my kids and my kitties Charlie (8), Bella(3)and Titan(11 wks)

Autumn

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm a project manager in IT for a telecom company. I actually enjoy what I do but right now it is very hectic as we are merging 2 billing platforms into 1.

I graduated with a degree in Psychology and English and had aspirations of being 1. a science fiction author or 2. working with autistic children. It's interesting where life ends up taking you.

Katie

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a laboratory technician at an environmental chemistry lab. I'm in the Metals Lab, prepping samples for analysis for various metals. I love it

I'm attending college for a degree in automotive technology as well.