Your Hair

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was younger, I had LONG hair - like down to my butt

When I got into high school, I cut it shorter.... and shorter as the years have come and gone. I'm now to the stage where I'm really wanting long hair again. Not down to my butt, but at least to my shoulders.

What a pain in the butt!
Its currently to my chin, and driving me nuts! I forgot how much of a pain growing it out really is. I usually get it this long and CHOP it all off, and my hair dresser just laughs, cuz she knows I'll never grow it out.

I love my hair short and sassy, cuz well, it just matches my personality

Does anyone else have hair issues, or is it just me?!

I keep telling myself "NO! Your NOT chopping it off!
" We'll see....
I've been looking online at new hairstyles.... I like change

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hate choosing haircuts and hairdoos! I too had hair down to my butt. But it's not been short since the 4th grade when my mom had it cut short and then permed! It was bad! She and I had to same haircut and I did not like it! The shortest I like my hair is around shoulder length. It's about half way down my back now. I think I prefer it to be this length.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish my hair was that long. My hair is pretty fine - so when its short, it has good body and all that stuff.... I don't care, I want it long.... for today anyways

I just hate it, since its been SO hot, I've had to wear it up everyday, which bugs me - at least I can do more with longer hair than I can with shorter.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Constantly. I have a similar hair history, and now I want it long enough to be able to braid and put up. I work with a bunch of stylists, and I finally found one that understands the concept of growing hair. I had it almost touching my shoulders a few months ago, and the guy that was doing my hair then hated it. He got his scissors sharpened, and chopped a big chunk out of the back of it to test them out. He said I needed a haircut anyway. I could have killed him! I was so mad that my boss stepped in between us because she thought I was about to smack him. Then I saw a cute style with some color coming out from under the top, nothing on my part, and I told the girl that promised me that she would do exactly what I wanted, then she did what she wanted because "she thought it would look better." It was supposed to be dark blue and dark purple when the sunlight hit it, and dark, dark brown in inside light. It lasted for about 24 hours, Then after a few shampoos, it turned the most God awful green on the parts that were colored.
I finally got a good cut, the color has kind of been repaired, and hopefully I will have my hair like I want it before the end of the year, or at least growing toward it.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My hair was past my chin, and I got this grand idea to bleach it at home. After an emergency trip to the salon, I received a pixy cut. It's been short ever since.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

Constantly. I have a similar hair history, and now I want it long enough to be able to braid and put up. I work with a bunch of stylists, and I finally found one that understands the concept of growing hair. I had it almost touching my shoulders a few months ago, and the guy that was doing my hair then hated it. He got his scissors sharpened, and chopped a big chunk out of the back of it to test them out. He said I needed a haircut anyway. I could have killed him! I was so mad that my boss stepped in between us because she thought I was about to smack him. Then I saw a cute style with some color coming out from under the top, nothing on my part, and I told the girl that promised me that she would do exactly what I wanted, then she did what she wanted because "she thought it would look better." It was supposed to be dark blue and dark purple when the sunlight hit it, and dark, dark brown in inside light. It lasted for about 24 hours, Then after a few shampoos, it turned the most God awful green on the parts that were colored.
I finally got a good cut, the color has kind of been repaired, and hopefully I will have my hair like I want it before the end of the year, or at least growing toward it.
Oh my gosh, I would have been SO mad!!

When I moved here from home - I decided to try a new stylist. I didn't have the time in my schedule to go home on any near weekend - and desperately needed a color/highlight/cut. At the time, I had gone back to my natural color - sandy blonde, but was a bit darker. My normal stylist that I've been going to for about 10 years now had it PERFECT. With her - I can get a cut/highlight/color for $40 - I went to this new girl - she did a horrible job - died it dark brown, and gave me the worst haircut ever.... for $140! I almost died. And on top of it, she asked if I would like to leave her a tip.... UH... HELLO!

From now on, I make time in my schedule to drive the 2 hours home and make a special visit to my stylist. Its worth it to drive home to get exactly what I want... especially for a MUCH cheaper price

I will never trust my hair with anyone ever again.... EVER!!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to have hair down to the middle of my thighs.
I cut it off when I really got into mudding with ATV's.
Now it sits between my shoulder blades and I love it, but I also hate it, it's very heavy and hot

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My hair is down to my mid back. I'm going to keep it long until I get married, Then I'm cutting it to just above my sholders.... my fh is not very happy about it.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

I used to have hair down to the middle of my thighs.
I cut it off when I really got into mudding with ATV's.
Now it sits between my shoulder blades and I love it, but I also hate it, it's very heavy and hot
Wow, to your thighs? Thats so long! I could never get mine that long!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Wow, to your thighs? Thats so long! I could never get mine that long!
That was 16 years worth of hair growth and taking very extra special care of it, once I was old enough for the job to be passed to me

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
I've always had naturally curly hair (yeah, sounds great, but it can be a pain, believe me!
)

When I was young, I had very short hair. My mom says it just wouldn't grow. It made me look like a sheep (which the other kids at school loved to point out) and I hated it!

Then I grew it longer. A few inches below the shoulders usually.

My ex boyfriend kept insisting that my hair would look nice a bit shorter so I kept it just below the shoulders.

After I broke up with him, I decided that I wanted really long hair, for a change. Now it goes down to the middle of my back (more or less... depending on how curly it is at a particular time). I'm hoping to grow it a bit longer still.

I like change for my hair too, but with curly hair, there's really only the option of long or short. Any other cuts would be ugly or high maintenance (my hair is high maintenance enough as it is!)

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have long hair down to my rear. I'm scared to cut it short because I know if I did I would regret it. I cut it off once when I was pregnant with my oldest son and I HATED it! It's a dark red and thick and curly so it can be a pain in the rear sometime and it takes about 15-20 mins to brush it all out. Lets not even talk about how much conditioner I go through!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

I've always had naturally curly hair (yeah, sounds great, but it can be a pain, believe me!
)

When I was young, I had very short hair. My mom says it just wouldn't grow. It made me look like a sheep (which the other kids at school loved to point out) and I hated it!

Then I grew it longer. A few inches below the shoulders usually.

My ex boyfriend kept insisting that my hair would look nice a bit shorter so I kept it just below the shoulders.

After I broke up with him, I decided that I wanted really long hair, for a change. Now it goes down to the middle of my back (more or less... depending on how curly it is at a particular time). I'm hoping to grow it a bit longer still.

I like change for my hair too, but with curly hair, there's really only the option of long or short. Any other cuts would be ugly or high maintenance (my hair is high maintenance enough as it is!)
Sometimes I wish I had a little curl to my hair - mine is stick straight

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love my hair long and won't let anyone in this town cut it except my mom and she's not a hair dresser. the people here who cut hair are scissor happy I am not even kidding you.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

I love my hair long and won't let anyone in this town cut it except my mom and she's not a hair dresser. the people here who cut hair are scissor happy I am not even kidding you.
Are you sure we don't live in the same town? Same here - thats why I drive 2 hours to get mine done the right way! I'm so picky about my hair its not even funny!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I wish my hair was that long. My hair is pretty fine - so when its short, it has good body and all that stuff.... I don't care, I want it long.... for today anyways

I just hate it, since its been SO hot, I've had to wear it up everyday, which bugs me - at least I can do more with longer hair than I can with shorter.
Oh my hair is not fine! It is thick. Both in strand width and in body. If it were short, it would just poof off my head! I need length to hold it down! That can make a big difference in what styles are right for people. My hair is heavy. If I wear it all up in a pony tail I get headaches.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Are you sure we don't live in the same town? Same here - thats why I drive 2 hours to get mine done the right way! I'm so picky about my hair its not even funny!
lol we just might.
some people shouldn't be hair dressers if they are that scissor happy.
I have ended up mad because some hair dresser screwed up my hair. It took me forever to grow it out it isn't that long at the moment just almost to my shoulders but it isn't the thickest either you know what I mean?

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

My hair is heavy. If I wear it all up in a pony tail I get headaches.
Same here, which is why I hate it this time of year.
Not enough to cut it of course

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Oh my hair is not fine! It is thick. Both in strand width and in body. If it were short, it would just poof off my head! I need length to hold it down! That can make a big difference in what styles are right for people. My hair is heavy. If I wear it all up in a pony tail I get headaches.
See, since your hair is thick (lucky!) you can have longer hair, I'm just determined to have it longer, but I know I should have it shorter

No fair!!