Your first post

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's my first post...jumped right in with no introduction! On a thread in health and nutrition about vomitting! LOL!

Originally Posted by Beckiboo

My girlcat Festus had roundworms, and started vomitting. My cats are indoor only, but she had gotten out once. I had not considered worms, until finally she vomitted one up! Gross!

I would add to the other advice here...to take a stool sample (from both cats just in case) to the vet. They should be able to check very quickly, and if worms is the problem, give you some medications.

Good luck!
Great idea for a thread, Lilleah. I remember you posting about that kitty that hid in the closet!

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first post was in the new member section.. I sounded kind of dumb..

Originally Posted by h~chan

Hello, I'm new here. I have three cats, Lucy [calico, 9 years], Sassy [calico, 13 years] and Stinky [tabby, 5-ish years old]. I used to have a siamese named Sassy, but she got cancer and we had to put her to sleep. I miss her.

PS- Are the signatures and avatars disabled now, or am I just looking in the wrong places?

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh lord... How far we have come

Hey everyone! New here.
I am from florida and the proud mom of 2 boys(human) Justice and Deacon. I am also the grandma of 6 new baby poly's. The momma is Dixie, a white DSHP. We also have Sammy(tabby) Tiger(dsh orange and white) and Apsen(white) and Booker, (a blue smoke MSH). Yeap, thats 11 cats and 2 kids! iIt is definatly crazy around here lol. I do have some questions about the polys but I will post them elsewhere. I just wanted to say Hi and let everyone know who I am..

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first post was also my first thread

Visit it here - http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17598

Remember I had just turned 13!!

Hello Im Samantha and I breed Persian & Exotic Cats in Wellington , New Zealand
I am new to this group and just learning all the do's and dont's
my email address is [email protected] and I hope to become a regular poster , Would there be anyway to share my fluffi's pic with you guys , I currently have 6 cats , 2 dogs and I just had my Rattie PTS on Saturday . My Nana, mum and I breed and show them very reliabily
I hope to make some new friends , both human and cat here
Thanks , Sam ( wellingtoncats )

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sound like a goober as well, I just couldn't wait to brag and talk about Conner to other cat people, lol.....

Hi Guys! Conner & I are newbies here...
Hello all kitty lovers! I am pleased to join this site. My kitty Conner is about
a year and a half, he is a persian/siamese. He has fairly long hair and he is a dark cream color with dark greyish brown markings. He rides everywhere with me in the car and is oddly enough very well behaved in the bath. If you tell him to stay and you walk out of the bathroom and come back in you would see a unhappy drowned rat resembling a cat but still sitting soundly in the tub! He only sleeps at night if he is under the covers with mommy or daddy. I am thrilled to have a place to brag about my kitty and learn about other people's pet parenting experiences! I am not able to get pics up yet but i will try to do so with speed. So pleased to join all of you!

----Sanctie and Conner

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is my first post...............

Hey Everyone,

My name is Alaynna and I have come across this great website through another forum. I love to see a website and forum dedicated to cats!! I have grown up with cats all my life, there was never a time where I didn't have cats, and we usually had 3 at a time. I just got married a year ago, and moved into a brand new house at the beginning of this year. As soon as I moved out of my parent's house I got 2 cats, because I couldn't live without having cats in my life.

So let me tell you about my two kitties: Lemur and Monkey (I will tell you how they got there names in a second)

We first got Lemur at a pet store, she was only 7 weeks old and as cute as can be. We picked her because she was the kitten that would let us hold her for a while. We were only going to get one kitten at the time, but when we would leave for work Lemur would be sitting on the couch looking so lonely, and she would be sitting in the same spot when we would get home. So we decided to get another kitten so she would have a playmate.

We went back to the same store and saw Monkey!! She was 8 weeks old and also as cute as can be. As soon as we got home we knew that Monkey would be the playful one. She quickly adapted to Lemur and they have been together ever since.

They are both shorthair kitties. Lemur is a tiger striped and Monkey is grey with a little orange here and there. They are both 1 1/2 years old, and are midsize kitties. Both lemur and monkey are attached to me, but Lemur is the most. I could be sitting up stairs and only call her name once, and she will come running from wherever she is and jump up in my lap and sit there for hours. I also can say "kiss kiss" and she will kiss my nose and rub up against my head. Monkey will also come up and sit with me whenever i call her but I dont think I have ever seen her tongue out of her mouth...she doesn't like to kiss...lol. I will have to get pictures to put on here soon so you can see them.

I look forward to posting in here and getting to know everyone.

-Alaynna-

jeanor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first post was in the New Cats on the Block

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself and my three cats. We moved out to the country about a year ago, and have since acquired three cats. The first one is Wowzer. She is a feral cat from the neighbors. She came to us pregnant not long after we moved here. She tamed up quite nicely and had four kittens. We found homes for the kittens and had her fixed this fall. It has been a challenge with her, she has such a dominate personality.

The second one is 'Boogs' (short for booger)! I work on a farm and one of our employees came in and said he found a kitten out in the field and asked me if I was interested in saving it. Of course I couldn't say no. He told me it was quite small and had been sitting in the same place for a couple of hours meowing. I called my daughter, she brought the carrier. This kitten was about 5 weeks old, skin and bones, so weak, she could hardly move, absolutely COVERED with fleas! I have never seen so many fleas in my life, and her little body was totally ridden with bites. Long story short, we got her all fixed up, and she is the love of our life. She's a black and white tuxedo with 6 toes. She was such a tiny thing, we kept calling her a little booger, that's how she aquired her name. It took a long time to tame her, once she got to feeling better and got her strength back, she decided she was a wild cat again. It took a good month or more before she really felt comfortable with anyone but me.

About a month or two after we got Boogs all up and running, someone dumped a kitten off at our house, she was quite wild at the time and about 3 months old. The first few days she would run if she even saw us, then she started slowly getting a bit more brave. When I would put the food out, I would stay in teh garage and she started slowly getting closer, then one day I could tell that she wanted me to pet her but she was afraid. I tried so hard to get her to come, and then she came over, rubbed her head on my knee then ran! About 2 minutes later, she was my friend for life and she hasn't left my side or anyone elses since then. She is by far the sweetest and most loving cat I've ever owned. She came to us with the most severe case of ear mites I have ever seen and is recently being treated for an upper respiratory infection. She and Boogs bonded immediately and love each other. It's so fun to watch them play, groom each other and sleep together. She is so sweet, we named her Gracie. She is black and white with long hair and 1/2 a moustache. She is goofy, and loves to watch the birds from the kitchen window.

I'm really excited to be here. These are the first experiences I have had with strays and feral cats. I've had lots of cats before, but not these circumstances. It will be nice getting to know the rest of you guys.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's my 1st post, it sort of made me cry to read the way I described Smokey. I guess I still miss her!!

Hello to all I too am new here thanks to Maren. Thought I'd respond just to say that Maren is correct in the way she describes both of her cats. I have had the privlage of meeting both these cats.

My cat is 16 & her name is Smokey. She's a very small thing. I've had her since she was 8 weeks old. Unfortunaly she is also a very sick kitty. She has CRF, but I'm not ready to give up on her yet so I do a lot of extra things to make sure she is comfortable.

Any way glad to be here & happy posting :tounge2:

Angie

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm another one whose post got lost in the Big Crash... but I'm sure it was something about having just got Baylee and me panicking needlessly! Hey what can you do, it was the first time I'd ever owned a cat!

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know I joined because my new cat had just had kittens and came looking for advice.

My first post was in the New Cats on the Block forum:

Hi,
My name's Kallie and I just joined today. I just adopted a 4 year old queen named Yen two weeks ago and she had her babies feb 28th. Her old owners gave her to me because they had a household full of fosters from the local animal shelter and wanted Yen to have her kittens in a home that would keep them and love them.

Then I posted in the Pregnant cat and kitten care forum shortly after.