Your First Dance Song?

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We haven't decided yet...but Jeff and I are both big Shania Twain fans..so maybe something by her.

staciej

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our song is "My Front Porch Looking In" by Lonestar. Not exactly a slow sappy ballard but it fits us. Not sure if we're going to dance to it, seeing as my mom already told me that a "country wedding" is not one she's willing to let me have.

Of course I just think that she's still mad about the polka band at her wedding.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Alaynna

I'll be? I love that song
No, not that one, that's the one I CAN remember LOL I looked it up and its "I Could Not Ask For More" turns out I should have

erinandseamus

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Chris and I danced to "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel. We picked it out the day of the wedding, we had such a hard time deciding. My father and I danced to a medly of "Somewhere over the Rainbow" and "What a wonderful World" sung by some famous Hawaiian singer.

Regarding the Sarah Machlachin Song "Possesion". I thought I read somewhere that song was inspired by love notes sent to her from her stalker?

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ErinandSeamus

Regarding the Sarah Machlachin Song "Possesion". I thought I read somewhere that song was inspired by love notes sent to her from her stalker?
Didn't know that so went to do some research. She was wrote the song from a male point of view, and did add in elements of two experiences of others building a fantasy relationship that didn't exist. All I can say is dh was never my stalker, and I love the intensity of the words, the beauty of the melody. For us, it is (obviously!!) a mutual attraction/desire to be together.

lovemycodygirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We're having trouble deciding too - just because we've went to like 6 weddings in the past year and they've all taken the good songs! So in the running is Paul McCartney's, Maybe I'm Amazed and Rascall Flatts, God Bless the Broken Road with Adam Sandler's, I Wanna Grow Old With You thrown in there for some fun.