Your first car?

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MA and I were reminiscing about our first cars last night. So, I dug out a picture of mine:

a 1967 Mustang; never should have sold it......

My 2nd car was a 1973 AMC Javelin. Not many of those around. It was a pretty unique vehicle.

jenng

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still driving my first car. It's a 1993 Subaru Legacy Sedan. I bought it in 1997 and we have this agreement that he has to last me until at least 2007.

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
best cars I have had !
74 Mustang
71 Carmaro(SP)
92 Chevy Lumia(SP)
70 monty (Loved that one)
92 Berrita(LOVED THAT ONE)!
I think I loved the mustang best!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
'74 Mustang? That was a "Mustang 2". My mother had one of those. As a matter of fact, the 67 was hers until she got the new one. I got it as a hand-me-down. Hers met an untimely fate. It burned up in our garage in a fire.......

Let's see, after that:

79 Honda Accord
86 Toyota 4Runner
95 Isuzu Rodeo
01 Ford Escape
03 Ford Explorer

Love my SUVs!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My first car, and really my only true car love of my life so far, was a 1970 Tan Volkswagon Bug. Her name was Baby Bug, and she hated Fords.
She always got a little more get-up-and-go when we were at a stoplight next to a Ford. Oh, and she LOVED Harleys.
She liked to show off for them.

I still miss my Baby Bug, and that was over 10 years ago!

rock&fluff'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a picture of mine since "I" totalled it out.....it was a 91 Nissan Sentra, baby blue color 2 door 4 speed....I loooved that car!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first car was a 1968 Buick GranSport. Cool car... and fast too! Don't have a picture. It was a LOOOONG time ago and I wasn't in to pics as much then!
That was 27 years ago. My, time flies!

bren.1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1980 Ford Granada, white with a blue roof, and no tape deck
followed by
1982 Nissan Sentra--transmission died at 80,000 miles
1992 Plymouth Sundance
1994 Geo Prizm--still have this one, it's a great car

jillian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The first car that I will have put payments into will be (come tomorrow) a '95 blue Honda Accord.

My most recent car was a '93 black Pontiac Grand Am... Before that I drove a '89 (I think) blue Ford Probe... could be off on the year with that one.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can see your speeding tickets now......

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My first car was a 1980-something Ford Mustang II, affectionately known as "The Roach". It had this horrible mustard yellow interior and a lot of engine problems, but I loved that car. I once fit 8 people in it (thank god we weren't pulled over by the police).

My second car was a Plymouth Reliant (or "The Unreliant") with the shift on the column. That car was evil from day one, and eventually blew a head gasket.

Car 3 was a Cookie Monster-blue Geo Metro. That little piece of junk three cylinder car lasted me through most of grad school and had over 100,000 miles on it when it died (even my mechanic was surprised how long it lasted).

Car 4 was a Ford Tempo, white with red interior. Two months after buying it, I got in an accident that caused $3000 in body damage (no one was hurt and the girl who hit me was driving Daddy's company's car-all repairs were on their insurance). The transmission finally failed.

Now, car 5 is a 1998 green two-door Chevy Cavalier. I'm finally making my own car payments and I love this car to death. Her name is Mary Lou. Am I the only person who names their cars?

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL No you are not! I am making down payments on a 1995 Chevy Luimua.When I have the down payment payed off then I get it! It is Black w/ gray inside! I love it! Can't wait !!
I name all my car's! My little blue dodge colt( while I am trying to sale) was the blue colt! I forgot to list that one !

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have named all my cars...until the last 2. I can't remember the Mustang or the Javelin's anymore. But my Accord was Swoosh (take THAT, NIke). My Rodeo was Lil Sis.