Your favourite TV episodics to rent?

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There have been some great ones mentioned already.

In the cancelled too soon category, I would add Firefly. Great show - see the movie Serenity after you watch the TV series. I also loved Invasion and was so sad when it got cancelled.

The Office is classic - must see comedy.

Batttlestar Galactica is our new favorite; we're on Season 2.5 and will be anxiously awaiting season 3 when it comes out on DVD.

You should get Heroes when it comes out on DVD.

silverpawz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have to rent a lot of shows since I don't get cable anymore. I've got blockbuster online so it's pretty neat to just have them dropped off at my mailbox!

I loved Third Watch, I was so bitter about the ending though. That show was too good to be cancled so soon and most of the viewers were left without any real closure.

Anyway, Let's see...

Buffy
the X-Files
Rescue Me (I love this show, it's too funny in a weird sort of way)

Nip/Tuck (can't wait for the current season to come out on DVD! I haven't seen any of the current eps and it's killing me!)

Grey's Anatomy (I can't watch this because it's on the same time as Supernatural. SN has much better eye candy, hence they get to grace my TV)

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i did try rome and deadwood, since i dont have HBO and both are subjects that i like in real life. But could not get into them.

hmm, MASH, quantum leap, nightcourt. twillight zone(errr, i brought the whole series on dvd and never watched them. i love them, but if i watch more then one or 2 i would be so depressed for the rest of the day). and the New battlestar.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
With Rome, I wasn't sure after the first two episodes. However, after that I started to get really into them. Now I can't wait to see the next season. I've even googled on the Internet so I know what really happens in history. Try giving it another chance. Once I got attached to the two solider's stories, I was hooked.
I find some shows introduce the characters a little later. Once I know the characters, I'm hooked. Just my way. I'm hoping this is starting to happen with the Wire. Still not sure.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't rent DVD's, but I do buy my favourite shows on DVD. I have:
Seasons 1 & 2 of Lost
All Seasons of: Buffy the Vampire Slayer
All Seasons of: Angel
Seasons 1 & 2 of: Las Vegas
Seasons 1-4 of: The Sopranos
Season 1 of: Monk
The last 2 Seasons of: Smallville
All Seasons of: Northern Exposure
All Seasons of: Lois and Clark
Seasons 1&2 of Entourage
Season 1 of Boston Legal
Seasons 1 & 2 of: The Osbournes
Season 1 of: Gene Simmons Family Jewels

I may have forgotten a couple-bit here is an example of what I do own right now, as far as TV shows

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh yea, i forgot,
i just got this in over the weekend black adder the complete set i loved that show.

the highlander TV show.
also combat the old WW2 TV show.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well i dont rent i just own so heres my list

Seasons 1-7 Charmed (cant wait for the last season to come out
)
Season 1 of Beverly Hills 90210 (cant wait for the next seasons to come out
so excited season 2 comes out in May i think)
Season 1 of The Girls next Door

Wish list for the future
Nip Tuck (my brother has all the seasons right now well that are out)
The Sopranos
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Las Vegas
hmmm...thats the major ones i cant think of any more right now

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought of another one I loved - The West Wing. It was especially good when Aaron Sorkin was still with the show and after he left the quality suffered a little, but got really good again before the show ended. It ran about 7 seasons and I know they've already released most, if not all, of the seasons already.

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I second the Grey's Anatomy. I'm officially obsessed (did anyone notice our new kittens, named George and Addie? Not a complete coincidence
). I watched both of the first 2 seasons within a week while my boyfriend was out of the country last summer and I was at home sick. I even got an autographed script from my boyfriend for christmas.

Originally Posted by Fred&Nermal

Shows are going to start being released on DVD a lot sooner now, due to all the pirating. 24 has already started to release the first episodes of season 6 for this reason, even though 6 has only been on the air for a month. Supposedly, you can rent episodes that haven't even been aired yet!
I admit to downloading season 3 of Grey's Anatomy as it becomes available for my personal use. But I don't feel bad, because I will be buying it when it comes out on DVD. I did the same thing while waiting for season 2 to be released.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

also combat the old WW2 TV show.
Was that the one with Vic Morrow and Rick Jason? At least I think those were their names. I remember watching that when I was a kid - my dad never missed an episode.