Your favorite JAMS, JELLYS, PRESERVES

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaceyDF

ouch! you must really like it to sacrifice like that!!! Poor thing!!!
I can't resist fresh strawberries, raspberries, blueberries or cranberries, all of which we have in our garden. I have had to totally give up cherries and plums.
Even cortisone doesn't help there. I get blisters on my hands and feet within a few minutes of eating anything except apples and pears (peeled) or bananas. It started when I hit 40; my sister (44) is now developing the same problem. Weird, huh?

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow! I feel bad for you! I love fruit so much, I can't imagine having that happen! Bless your heart!!!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

I can't resist fresh strawberries, raspberries, blueberries or cranberries, all of which we have in our garden. I have had to totally give up cherries and plums.
Even cortisone doesn't help there. I get blisters on my hands and feet within a few minutes of eating anything except apples and pears (peeled) or bananas. It started when I hit 40; my sister (44) is now developing the same problem. Weird, huh?
Oh, YIKES!! I'd go nuts. I'll remember not to serve you fruit salad, if you ever visit!

As for my favourite on toast -- well, I don't actually do that very often, but when I do, I have a very soft spot for ginger marmalade -- oh yum!
The very best, though, and no longer available, is the peach marmalade my mum used to make, many years ago. I thought I had died and gone to heaven, but by the time I was cooking, myself, she had not made it for years and had lost the recipe
One of these days, I may begin experimenting, because it really was to die for.

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does apple butter count, Amie? If so, have you ever been to Western Ribeye and had the salad bar? It is the best salad bar ever, IMO, and at the end of it they have really awesome bread and apple butter!!! I was never an apple butter fan until I tried their white bread with apple butter on it!!!

oh my goodness!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emma's friend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaceyDF

Does apple butter count, Amie? If so, have you ever been to Western Ribeye and had the salad bar? It is the best salad bar ever, IMO, and at the end of it they have really awesome bread and apple butter!!! I was never an apple butter fan until I tried their white bread with apple butter on it!!!

oh my goodness!!!
Never been there. Pass it all the time going to Rural King, though. I'll keep the apple butter in mind next time we're going out for steak.