Your favorite harness?

railntrailcwgrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've been thinking about making a new harness for Storm, I already sew all her and the dog's collars so I'm hoping a harness isn't that huge of a step up. What style do you all prefer? Right now she has something very similar to the 'Safety Cat Lead & Harness' and neither one of us really like it. It's hard to adjust comfortably for her and it still cuts into her and she finds is super uncomfortable to wear. I think I'm going to make a wider soft fabric one that she might tolerate better. Do you like 'figure 8' or 'regular' styles better, and why? Is there a reason why cat harness don't include a connector that goes from the neck loop to the girth loop between the front legs like most dog harness? Has anyone used a 'step in' harness? I have one for my dog and I love it, it's so easy to put on and very quick and convenient.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Roman Style dog harnsess for my cats. I prefer the way they sit in a V down the chest rather than around the neck like regular cat harnesses.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

railntrailcwgrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So you do use one that connects the two loops. I am leaning towards making one of that type I just wondered why so many cat harness don't have that connecting piece? It just looks to me that with out it the harness wouldn't work much different than a normal collar.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Roman style, all the way. They can't slip out, it doesn't choke them and they get used to it quickly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

railntrailcwgrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the input! I finished Storm's harness yesterday. It's neon green, and I even did some stitching on a black leash to match.
It's a hybrid between a 'figure 8' and roman style harness. Since I made it with plastic buckles I only wanted one adjustment to cut down on the bulk of the neck strap. I think it turned out really great and Storm minds it much less than her other harness (which is now garage sale fodder).

Some photos: