Your favorite coffee brand?

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JuneBugBear07

We get Folgers classic roast, and I like to use International Delight creamers like Irish Creme. I have a Dunkin Donut coffee flavored vanilla that I have yet to try, I am waiting for it to get colder so I can enjoy it!!
They have replaced her normal coffe with Folgers crystals.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only coffee I buy is the regular old stuff at Aldi's. DH told me he's pretty sure that Hill's Brothers is their supplier. My Mom only buys Maxwell House, but I like the Aldi's brand much better. I'm a "coffee purist", I guess; I refuse to drink any flavored coffees. Just give me a little cream and sugar and I'm a happy girl.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My absolute favorite is Folger's Black Silk.
If that isn't on sale I get the darkest of Maxwell House's coffee. I like the really dark roasts. There's a coffee house here that makes a Sumatran that I just can't stand. It's pretty much undrinkable because it's so bitter. Ick.
I also like the Folger's Gourmet dark roast, I can't remember the name of it.

I usually drink it with some Coffeemate or International Delight creamer in it. The holidy pumpkin flavor is out and it's soooo good.
Otherwise Italian Sweet Cream is my favorite creamer. At the coffee shop I use a packet of sugar and a creamer in my coffee. I used to drink it black all the time, but I discovered I like it with a little something in it now.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Flavored coffees are made with inferior coffee beans (usually) as the flavorings mask the quality. Many mass market coffees in grocery stores are made from the poorer quality robusta coffee beans vs the better arabica bean
I guess I am lucky then that the grocery store I shop at sells Peerless coffee which is only available on the Westcoast. (I think) They only use the arabica bean in their coffees. They are more expensive than the canned folgers or other coffee, but the taste is worth the price. I only have coffee in the mornings.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't drink coffee or like the taste of coffee. I do like the smell however

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I moved from wisc to boston area. Here people seem to love their coffee. There is 8 Duncan donut/coffee shops within 3 miles of my home. A pair of them are even just across the road. If you want to invest buy a franchise this might be a good choice? That may be why Mass drivers are not so nice? "Eat a donut, get off the coffee" so say I.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My fav coffee is Chock Full O'Nuts and I like my coffee strong. I do not grind my own since I have a Keurig coffee maker which I love.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by binkyhoo

I moved from wisc to boston area. Here people seem to love their coffee. There is 8 Duncan donut/coffee shops within 3 miles of my home. A pair of them are even just across the road. If you want to invest buy a franchise this might be a good choice? That may be why Mass drivers are not so nice? "Eat a donut, get off the coffee" so say I.
Did you happen to see I was from Boston?
I eat a donut AND coffee! Still not so nice on the road....though I try....maybe its you out-of-towners that are making me nuts.
Completely kidding of course!

It is true about the dunks being on every corner. I spend close to $30 a week on the stupid stuff! What a waste of money! Thats why I am making my own now.
I just can't justify it anymore.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaRussa

My fav coffee is Chock Full O'Nuts and I like my coffee strong. I do not grind my own since I have a Keurig coffee maker which I love.
I am so saving up for one of those ... I figured it between 25 cents and 55 cents a day for a really good cup of coffee"_

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by binkyhoo

That may be why Mass drivers are not so nice? "Eat a donut, get off the coffee" so say I.
Apparently you haven't encountered Rhode Island drivers yet. We are sweet compared to them.

Anyway, I do like flavored coffees, but prefer dark roast flavored coffees. Those can be harder to come by. We normally buy dark roast whole been coffee and have it with a little skim milk.

We love the coffee from here and every so often will order 6 pounds or so:

http://www.rockcitycoffee.com/

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maxwell House! I also like Folgers.

I don't typically buy coffee beans unless they are flavoured such as Butter Rum or Chocolate Raspberry. Then I will grind it fresh. Otherwise I just buy pre-ground coffee.

I just put a bit of lactaid milk or non-dairy creamer in my coffee. No sugar. I've tried drinking it black, but it tastes so bitter. A little milk cuts that down.

Also, a tip for making good coffee, well 2 tips actually.

1. Use very cold fresh water.

2. Use 3 scoops of coffee whether you are making 6 cups or 12 cups.

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite coffees are from a local joint (in my hometown not
Japan!) called Speeder and Earl's Their Sumatra and Kenya AA are the best coffee I've ever had. Mild and smooth... My mom sends me a pound once or twice a year.

At $11-14 bucks a pound depending on the current bean to dollar rate (+plus international shipping) its not cheap though. I am an occassional coffee drinker though.

I go there for their drinks, but personally I can't stand the taste of Starbucks's coffee straight. I think they deliberately burn their beans to force everybody to by a crap-pachino drink to make the taste tolerable.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So funny you mentioned Rhode Island drivers! I have thought that for years now.
The minute you cross the border it changes drastically. I didn't think it was possible for driving to get any more crazy than in MA.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
My husband would normally drive through RI to get to work. He can't take it anymore.
Now he takes backroads all the way to Attleboro and gets on 95 there.

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I drink coffee from a local coffee roaster. Bear Mountian Coffee. Its awesome!

I grind my own beans and drink my coffee with a little bit of half and half.