Your favorite coffee brand?

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got a coffee maker.
I am cutting down on eating out and I spend WAAAYYY to much on coffee and breakfast during my work week.

But there is so many different coffee brands!! What is your favorite coffee brand? Do you grind it yourself?

While we are on the subject, How do you like your coffee?

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like to switch up creamers because I like my coffee light and sweet but I always keep a bottle of Hersheys Chocolate and Caramel creamer in my fridge and also got a bottle to try of Vanilla Caramel Brownie. Both are by International Delight personally Im not a big fan of vanilla so I dont think Ill get another one of the Vanilla Caramel Brownie creamer. As for my brand of coffee I prefer to get Folgers Special Roast thats my fav but sometimes if Maxwell House is cheaper Ill get that. I dont grind my own beans but I do keep my coffee in the fridge because Ive found it keeps the coffee fresher and better tasting. I also use COLD water when I make coffee, its what the maker recommends plus its something about the brewing time where if you use hot water it may brew differently.

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Everyday use it's Folger's Classic Roast. However, I do have a coffee grinder (as well as another coffeemaker with a built in grinder), and if I am grinding whole beans I like the lighter roasts of Starbucks. Mostly the Breakfast Blend. They have a wonderful Christmas blend that's great for cooler weather. Should start selling it soon....

My boyfriend is a big believer in Community Coffee though. We always have the Folgers/Community war when buying coffee and the store,
. (I always win,
).

I like my coffee with a bit of half and half in it.

lynsey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We usually switch between Folgers, Yuban and Maxwell House; typically whatever is less expensive. We've even had the Target brand of coffee, tastes the same. Sometimes Folgers will give me bad heartburn though.

I put a tsp or two of sugar and a little bit of milk. My boyfriend uses creamer, sugar and an ice cube.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like Maxwell House to brew at home (or work) and I like my coffee the way I like my..... cats, black

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are a number of local roasters who use only Fair Trade organic coffee. Some of them are really good, and lately we've found our way to Ethical Bean. Their Mexican is definitely my favourite, though the Peruvian is a close second. Another local we like for a change is Kicking Horse. I really like their 454 Horsepower. And they are no more expensive than Starbucks, often less if you catch a good special.

We drink coffee black at home, because we both like it that way, so it's simplest. When I'm out, or at work, I like it with cream and (if possible demerara) sugar.

ETA: Whole beans, fresh ground

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The grocery store we shop at have a variety of whole bean coffees. I get the amount I want and use the grinder they provide. We usually get French Vanilla and Irish Cream. Sometimes we get Chocolate Raspberry but DH doesn't like that to much. We alternate the two flavors we do get. We do not drink "regular" coffee unless we are out and about.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not much of a coffee person, I drink diet coke instead, which is not very healthy

When I do drink coffee, I just get folgers or maxwell house and I put some kind of sugary creamer like irish creme or french vanilla, and that is all I care about tasting cuz I think coffee by itself tastes gross...

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to get made to order roasts but he went out of business... I now drink from a local roaster named Thomas hammer which is good... I was a barista for a bit and learned to drink coffee from black to latte with flavor ... I prefer black with a bit of cream

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only coffee I've found that I can drink black is from Seattle's Best - only one that didn't have that bitter aftertaste afterwards.

That being said, I rarely drink coffee, especially now that there's all sorts of stuff in it that I'm supposed to be avoiding (tanins, caffeine, etc.) I just discovered some caffeine free chai at my local store, and I'm loving it!

marinewife05

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fifi1puss

I just got a coffee maker.
I am cutting down on eating out and I spend WAAAYYY to much on coffee and breakfast during my work week.

But there is so many different coffee brands!! What is your favorite coffee brand? Do you grind it yourself?

While we are on the subject, How do you like your coffee?
I figured it out: YOUR the reason Starbucks is struggling.
Sorry couldn't resist.
I don't drink coffee, but I love the way it smells.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I buy from work were we get coffee from a Wisconsin roaster called Alterra. They do have a website. I have a burr grinder and do my own beans. I like their dark sumatra or their Blue Heeler which is a sumatra light/dark mix. I prefer darker roast. And I drink my coffee with half and half. Door County Coffee and Victor Allens (Wisconsin brands are also good.)

Flavored coffees are made with inferior coffee beans (usually) as the flavorings mask the quality. Many mass market coffees in grocery stores are made from the poorer quality robusta coffee beans vs the better arabica bean

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We get Folgers classic roast, and I like to use International Delight creamers like Irish Creme. I have a Dunkin Donut coffee flavored vanilla that I have yet to try, I am waiting for it to get colder so I can enjoy it!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My absolute favorite is Millstone's decaf Caramel Truffle! It's amazing!!! http://www.millstone.com/ourcoffees/...CaramelTruffle
(I typically do decaf coffees & teas because of my heart rate)

I LOVE to mix it with Coffee-Mate's Coconut Creme creamer.....it's the most amazing combination ever!
(I also add a bit of sugar to mine....if you couldn't guess, I like mine sweet lol!)
http://www.coffee-mate.com/products/....aspx?t=liquid

(In my opinion it's better to grind your own coffee if you have the time. (I save the leftover coffee grinds and use them in my plants). I've found a few other flavors of Millstone that come in the whole bean that I like...I've yet to meet a millstone coffee I didn't love! I also prefer coffee makers with the reusable filters...I think they make the coffee tast better, and they're more economical than the paper filters.
)

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bring it from Brasil... When I am out of it, which is pretty rare (last time I brought 30 lbs praaaaayyyyinnngggg through customs
).
This Time I brought some from Mexico - Delicious, made by an indigenous tribe, in Chiapas, sold through a cooperative to the Universities... Soooo yummy! Black and strong - just the way I like it!!
If I must buy American coffee, I buy Starbucks French, or Whole Foods - I like strong, bold Coffee.