Your favorite cat tree? :)

bex__

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
As the boys "taxmas" present we are getting them a cat tree!
DH has wanted one for ages for them. We have picked out a spot that is away from where our 16 month old plays as we know she would think it was her personal jungle gym! LOL Of course, DD is getting several special things too with tax money, but you know that the kitties toys are ALWAYS better!

What is your favorite brand? We would like to stay under $200 but I am seeing weight limits and we already have 25lbs of cat
and Louie nor T.J. are done growing! At not even 4 months T.J. is already 5.2lbs!

I have seen well priced ones on Ebay - are they worth it or is it a waste and will they fall apart quickly? We obviously want something sturdy and worth our money, and would really like as tall as we can get for a good price (10ft ceilings where we want it to go).

I hope this is the right spot in the forum - I really didn't see another place to stick it, lol!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You really can't beat www.felinefurniture.com and their products. What I like best about it besides being so lightweight yet stable is that when pieces do wear out- you can replace them for only pennies.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I purhased a $100 tree from Petco (Armarkat brand) & have been impressed with it. Has held up to 8 cats (about 9 - 10 lbs/each) at a time.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yey! Awesome! I will tell you this will be an excellent investment for sure! Ours is also an Armarkat, this one to be more specific:

Armarkat A7401

We've had them for about two years I think, and it takes a daily, constant beating. This furniture is used constantly, for playing, scratching, or sleeping. My cats are not small either - Bugsy is now 17lbs, but he has been 20lbs last year... Lucky is 12.5 and Hope, the smallest, is 10.5 (Gracie is in another room so she doesn't use the tree). The tree is over 6 feet tall and holds 60lbs. As of now, after 2years, it is in perfect condition. If you ask me, I think I already got my $130 worth out of it, no doubt. Highly recommend it, and would buy it again if I was to get another one...
My kitties love it

zohdee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is the tree I have and my kitties LOVE it. We didn't attach the ramps cause they all just jump up.

One of the best cat investments I have made.

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another vote for Armarkat. I have two already, have had one for about four years and the other for about two, with six very active cats. I've been eyeing this one for a while now...

Overall Size: 45"(L)X36"(W)X82"(H)

(not my cats)

Oh, and replacement parts are reasonably priced and easy to find and purchase off the Armarkat site.

Have fun!

AC

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bex__

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh wow Caolina! I *LOVE* that one. I think we may have to pick another spot though, I don't think the space is wide enough.

I think our boys are really going to love something super tall. Keebler routinely jumps up on the fridge simply because he can.

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Carolina

Yey! Awesome! I will tell you this will be an excellent investment for sure! Ours is also an Armarkat, this one to be more specific:
I have that exact one, got it from amazon. Liked it so much I bought a second for the game room.

Don't know if its the best, but I like it compared to the ones I saw at the store.

I put a 45lb round barweight on the base though just in case, as the furballs tend to jump off that thing with reckless abandon and sometimes wrestle on the top levels.