Your Favorite Cat Character?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wannahelp

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have so many! I live in Japan and I found these children’s book series about a cat named Dayan. He is cute and also funny. He drinks beer and enjoys adventures.

Cats drink beer in children's books in Japan?

Ghoulofnagoya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cats drink beer in children's books in Japan?
yup! Japan has a book called “ the butt detective “ His face is a butt and he farts on bad guys. In my junior highschool class the Japanese teacher says stuff like “ I like beer diring the hot summer. Beer is so nice” lol Cultural I guess.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yup! Japan has a book called “ the butt detective “ His face is a butt and he farts on bad guys. In my junior highschool class the Japanese teacher says stuff like “ I like beer diring the hot summer. Beer is so nice” lol Cultural I guess.
I shouldn't be laughing so hard.
But seriously?? "I like beer during the summer" while this butt face farts on bad guys?
My inner 10 year old boy is howling with laughter :flail::flail::flail:

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All the members of Breaking Cat News. The upstairs cats, who speak Spanish, the female who runs the upstairs cats "And who captured the red dot"! Plus the formerly lost outdoor cat.

And all the cats in T. S. Eliot's "Cats" collection of cat poems, which was the basis
of the musical "Cats"

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I mean Pete the Cat is pretty groovy.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I like Koko and Yum-Yum from Lilian Jackson Brown's "The Cat Who..." series. Such knowing cats! Always giving hints about the mysteries that needed to be solved, if only Mr. Qwilleran can interpret them correctly!
Boris Diamond Boris Diamond I also enjoy Lilian Jackson Braun's "The Cat Who" books.
I've read The Cat Who Played Brahms, The Cat Who Could Read Backwards, and The Cat Who Saw Red.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The older The Cat Who. . . books are awesome. The newer ones became very formulaic and predictable. Fill-in-the-blanks, really, a 6-year-old could have written them. So don't go out of your way to find the newer ones. But definitely read the first 10 or so!