Your Experience With Feliway

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Solarity, have you had your peeing kitty recently checked by the vet for UTI? My girl Sylvestra had recurring UTI problems when she was only a year or so old.

nekomimi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got my Feliway spray last night. After spraying it in some spots around the house, Seth has been going nuts! She's been running around and getting in trouble. She even figured out how to turn the living room light on/off! I don't know if this is just a coincidence or if I just need to give it some time..

lisakmusco

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My problem isn't necessarily any aggression, but two kittens that aren't really kittens anymore (over a year and a half old), but who haven't totally grown up and settled down. They are still quite the pair of troublemakers...and dh is getting increasingly frustrated with their destruction on an almost daily and/or nightly basis.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been staying with my parents for a few days, and that means putting their cats and my cats together. My kitties have visited before, but always for a matter of hours, and the cats have just hissed a bit and avoided each other. But when all four kitties realized they were STUCK with each other OVERNIGHT, there was some serious consternation! :-)

The first two days, we had a lot of hissing and some scuffles, and we had to keep them separated when we weren't in the house to supervise. We'd been thinking about trying a Comfort Zone diffuser to calm my parents' third cat, Abby, a rescued feral who lives alone in my father's room, so we went ahead and bought it to see if it would keep war from breaking out among the other four.

We put it in a hallway outlet and observed. After about 24 hours, there were almost no hostilities -- just a few hisses here and there. Now, four days later, the kitties are getting along beautifully! There's still a bit of reservation, a bit of caution... but they sit in windows together, they sniff each other without hissing, and they even play together.

Maybe things would have settled down without the diffuser -- all four really are exceptionally good kitties -- but it sure SEEMS to be working! When my kitties and I leave, we'll move the diffuser into Abby's room and see if it helps her cope with her fears...

fairyfolk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've been using the Feliway spray with an intact, male stray I took in a month ago. He's been mostly stuck in my downstairs bathroom (to separate him from my babies and help him recover his injuries). It seems to make a big, immediate difference in how aggitated he gets when he wants out of the bathroom or when he knows one of the other kitties is on the other side of the door. I spray a few areas in the room twice a day, and then add a bit more in spots if needed.

Debra