Your Christmas tree picture thread

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, is it too early?
Come on, get your trees out and show them off here. Here's mine, still need a topper, our Angel has sadly seen its time and its time to replace her, will get a new one next week.Its the first time we've had a bay window and I think it looks fab.x

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is a very pretty tree. I have to find ours I don't know what my dad did with it or with my tree skirt.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

That is a very pretty tree. I have to find ours I don't know what my dad did with it or with my tree skirt.
We had a beutiful tree skirt last year, until someone peed on it
must get another one.x

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am almost afraid to put up a tree because this will be my first year with Pixie and I am not sure what she will do

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

I am almost afraid to put up a tree because this will be my first year with Pixie and I am not sure what she will do
Smartie is my tree climber, had to get her out of the middle of it last year
, she has been sniffin around it already, won't be long till I see her face poking out the branches
x

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't put my tree up until the first weekend in December. We'll probably set it up this weekend and leave it undecorated or unfluffed for about a week to let the kitties get used to it. Then I'll put on the unbreakable ornaments. Too dangerous with Tumbles to put the breakable ones on the tree.

milk maid

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I cant beleive you guys have your trees up already

I wate till just before christmas because I like to get a real tree and if I put it up now it would be bauld

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Christmas tree is sitting in the corner with lights only on it right now- it's been up since Friday. I wanted to leave it up for a few days so that so the furries can get accustom to it before I decorate it. I already put out most of my decorations though; I'll have to post pictures.

My cats don't normally mess with my Christmas tree (once in a while Velvet will inspect the presents and lay on the tree-skirt, but that's). Kojak and Isabella usually leave the tree alone, so I don't really worry about those two eithor. I always wire on every ornament securely just to be on the safe side though and I spray bitter apple on the bottom branches!

This will be a first Christmas for BOTH of my dogs though, so I have no idea what to expect!!
Macy lived at the Humane Society for over two years and has never been around decorations before and Ranger is still a puppy - so it will be a first for both of them this year. I'm thinking of getting my white puppy gate out of my sister Kimmy's attic the next time I visit, and putting it up around my tree just to be safe! I don't think Macy will mess with anything, but I have a feeling that Ranger will be a very curious puppy!

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We put ours up last year on 29th as that is the day that dh's nanna passedaway, we wanted to do the same this year but that's tomorrow and dh is at work till 7, so have done it early.Cats still sniffing round it, its just a matter of time before someone is up it
x

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Ruthy, your tree is lovely! It looks perfect in your bay window!

We usually put up three trees: our traditional tree goes in the living room; that one we have to tie to the baseboard, so the cats don't put it on the floor. Don't laugh.....when they were kittens, not only did those cats knock it to the floor, they got it down the steps, right to the front door! We still don't know how they managed that!

When we were kids, my mother had had a white tree decorated with blue lights and blue balls. I hated that tree and called it the tackiest thing on earth when I was little. But I don't know, traditions died hard sometimes and, several years ago, I decided that I "needed" a Tacky White Tree of my own. Off to Home Depot and we came home with a beautiful white tree. And yes, it's decorated in blue and white lights and nothing but blue balls. That one goes into the kitchen by the French doors and I just love my Tacky White Tree. And yes, everybody makes fun of my TWT, but I don't care.

Our third tree is the Santa tree and that goes in the bedroom. It's fairly big, too, and is decorated with nothing but our Santa ornaments and just red lights. Amber loves that tree and we'll often find her sleeping in the branches at the back of the tree by the wall. Or we'll find a sign that she's been there; usually two branches are sagging from her weight. But it's OK....I'd love to get a picture of her napping in the tree though!

We've been debating about having three trees in the house with a certain not-so-little-kitten-who-shall-remain-nameless-but-whose-first-name-begins-with-an-M. DH suggested that we only put the living room tree up this year. And at first, I agreed. Mollipop is still very kittenish and I know she would love the trees. My concern with the Tacky White Tree is that she'd knock the glass balls to the floor and cut her paws or something. But as the days go on, I find myself thinking of the TWT, so we may end up putting that one up, too.

lotso'cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I normally put my tree up on Thanksgiving day but this year I didn't get to it. Hopefully in the next few days it will be up.

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Winchester

My concern with the Tacky White Tree is that she'd knock the glass balls to the floor and cut her paws or something. But as the days go on, I find myself thinking of the TWT, so we may end up putting that one up, too.
I am pretty sure walmart has some unbreakable blue balls rellay cheap under $6 for a pack of 12, maybe that could solve your TWT problem?

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Beau and I are off to the Christmas tree farm this afternoon to go chop down a fat tree and bring it home
I cant wait!!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We assembled our tree the day before Thanksgiving, because that's the day it was able to be picked up at the store
We decorated it on Thanksgiving after everyone went home. Usually we always put it up the weekend after Thanksgiving, so we were a few days early this year. As you can see, Hoshi and Neko are fans of the tree. The kitties stocking is under it already, our stockings are usually kept at the in-law's house.

I wanted to get a set of matching ornaments, instead of the randomness we have going on
But it didnt quite happen.

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We have the artificial tree up.

I put 2 ornaments on the bottom to see what Holly would do. She was still just a baby when Christmas came around last year- and the lady who we got her from had her. It's been years since we've had a little cat, and I really didn't know what to expect.

Holly decided that the M&M ornament that we got from Las Vegas was fun to play with.

And Holly was IN the tree this morning. I don't have a picture right now (when I get on the laptop where the picture was stored I'll share it)- but I took a couple, before telling her to "get out of the tree"

Dh put lights on it. And I guess for the time being, nothing that's breakable can go on it.

Cheryl

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

We assembled our tree the day before Thanksgiving, because that's the day it was able to be picked up at the store
We decorated it on Thanksgiving after everyone went home. Usually we always put it up the weekend after Thanksgiving, so we were a few days early this year. As you can see, Hoshi and Neko are fans of the tree. The kitties stocking is under it already, our stockings are usually kept at the in-law's house.

I wanted to get a set of matching ornaments, instead of the randomness we have going on
But it didnt quite happen.
You got matching cats instead.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The first year I had Callie, I got a real tree. She kept trying to drink the water from the tree stand!
That was also the year I met the husband and found out he was allergic to Christmas trees. Ever since, we've had an artificial tree and it's worked well.