Your cats tale....

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by arcadian girl

Its different than when he's angry - I know when he's mad, to stay away if his tail is puffed (TRUST me, I know)
Hey if you know your cat you can tell these differences in mood! Sonic bounds up to me sideways, pouncy pouncy, in the typical 'kitten bounce' jumping sideways all the while and wanting to play like many 3 month olds do! If you've ever seen that from a friendly kitten then you'll know what I mean, the playfulness of it, very different from an angry or upset adult cat, not hard to tell the difference when it comes down to it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I LOVE the sideways kitten pounce - it's the cutest thing!

I love all the tail stories as well!! I don't think non-cat people realise how important a tail is, and how expressive and different they are!

If I asked about your cats legs, you'd probably think I was nuts - but a cat's tail? Now they have a story

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Miagi has a long expressive tail. he walks with it straight up, unless he's stalking something like a bug or Tiger.
then he has it low to the ground.

Tiger's tail is long and black and has light brown stripes all around it like a racoon.
he has a kink in it and we think it was broken when he was dumped on the highway.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lets see

Willie, he has the most gorgeous tail I have ever seen and I love burshing it and playing with it, and his tail is so expressive

Midnight, has a long tail idk wat to really say besides he expresses his too well when he is mad or playful
o and his fur is soo silky like

Bella, her tail is always doing something and she also always has it curled, but for a cat it seems a little short but I love it
come to think of it everything is small except for her weight

Stormie, my manx baby has a rumbie i think its called its soo short, but she is so expressive with it and i love to play with her little tail and watch it when she is playing its just too cute, and everyone gets on her tail (my brothers and my SIL) But I LOVE her little tail

Blue, well her tail is skinny and not so expressive as the others and she always i mean always has it curled to her body and I just love to play with her tail

Now to the funny one
Tessa- Well she has the longest tail in the house, and let me tell u I love it, and appearantly she thinks its a playtoy, she is always playing with her tail (I am trying to get it on video tape for u guys) she will go in the corner by the door and just start attacking her tail
and tonite she was doing it on the banaster which worried me so I made her play with the towel instead

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well heyu seems to have a bulit in puffy tail, hehe it gets puffy so fast, and sometimes it seems for no rearson.

i do remember, a old kitty i had, once where i was petting her and found some blood on my hand, and i found a hunk of her tail missing, i took her to the vet, who just said to keep a eye on it to make sure it did not get infected. we never did fine where she had hurt her tail or the part that was missing,(funny thing was her nickname at the APL was tail cause it was so long)

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmmm...tales..er, I mean tails...

Suzy and Cindy have fairly lush tails for shorthairs. Suzy is enough of a recluse/martyr that she doesn't fly it high, except when she's in mid-skitty and not thinking about what her tail is saying.
Cindy's spends most of the time in the air, and she has quite a seductive swish when she's feeling laid back.

Fawn's tail reflects the streak of (probably) Siamese somewhere in her background. It's very long and sleek and slender and has a hard time being bushy even when she's in "watch-your-step, buster" mode. The thing about her tail, though, is that it really is a fifth limb. She holds it ramrod straight, and leans it over to perform the rub as she walks by -- it's a very firm touch, and unlike any rub I've ever felt from any other cat.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I think it's just hard to get the full kitty in such a small space and still see their pretty faces

I need your kitty's tale still though! Do they like it being played with? Do they express themselves with it? Do they have any kinks in their tail?

Kitty tails are so cool
OK a deal; here is my true cat story. I had Persi since he was a kitten and he owned the house until I saved Alley from an animal shelter in Los Angles and had it shipped to here, near Dallas. Since I work from home I always had plenty of time to play with Persi, including the old feather on a stick bit. Now if you look at my two cats I think you will easily see which cat has a tail that looks like it might be a feather on a stick. For some oddball reason, it is Alley that is always twitching her tail. We have had it posted on here many times how cats communicated through their tails but Alley has this strange twitch. And I believe that Persi has it in his mind that Alley is doing the feather on the end of the stick trick with him. These two are getting along quite well now but Persi is always thinking that Alley wants to play feather on a stick with her tail and does not always appreciated Persi's playful attack on her tail. BTW, before sitting down here, I brushed the two of them and got two handfulls of fur just out of Perci's tail and got zilch out of Alley's tail. Imagine how things would be if it was Persi that did the tail twitching!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

I'd be hard pressed to get all 6 tails and heads in my sig, though, now that you nention it, maybe I'll take cat butt pics and have just their tails for a sig

Spaz has a regal tail, full plumed and always properly curled around her.

Vash and Shadow have extremely long, skinny rat tails

The only time their tails aren't in motion is when they sleep.

Trouble has the very expressive tail, it talks almost as much as he does. In looks, it's the typical cat tail, not too long, not too short, not too fat or skinny, and with a barely noticable taper and a teeny, tiny kink at the end.

Cassi has typical tail, but no matter what she's doing, she holds it in a question mark.

Bug has a full plume, extremely long tail, but it hasn't yet learned how to fully communicate.
It has two positions, hanging limp, and straight up sheppard's hook.
You have just given me another idea. I believe that when you get to a certain number of posts that your avatar can be of a certain large size. I admit six tails in a siggy would be tough but I wonder if six tails would fit where I have just the two sets of eyes in my present avatar? You could even have a new game to match the tail to the cat!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Phenom has a really long tail. When she gets scared she poofs it up and it looks like a racoon tail! Very cute!!

Phantom doesn't have a tail. It wasn't amputated or anything she was just born without it. It makes her rear end look like a monkey butt when she is running!