Your cat's sleeping hours

mysterycat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
At what time do you usually see your cat sleeping?

Saw my two cats sleeping at around 4pm in our living room, one on sofa and one on coffee table. They were sleeping like angels!

laceface

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Most of the time! There is always someone sleeping at some point. Lennon and Ringo always climb in bed with us at night, and Lucy occasionally does as well. Right now, the dog is sleeping next to me with Lucy curled up on/next to her. It is very standard for them, lol.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Abby is a senior and spends much of her time napping. But for actual sleeping, her hours are the same as mine. She is in bed as soon as I get in and usually stays the whole night.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
24/7 in our house. There are usually two or three asleep, two or three who are optimistically looking for food and another couple (including Milo) looking for mischief. They all sleep through the night - about 4/5 on my bed, though that varies.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The question is when isn't she sleeping
She sleeps a large part of the day as most do. She will of course eat her meals and likes playtime with me. She also chases her ball around for her exercise
Mostly tho she does sleep whether alone or on my lap which I love.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
By 4p I'll find Luna sleeping until about 6p, for her it used to be 1:30p to 3p. She'll sleep nicely from 10p-3a.

Midnight I don't think sleeps. He'll lay down and rest, but he's always up playing. He'll sleep in my arms though, which is cool I've never had a cat sleep in my arms before. It was more comfortable when he was 3 weeks old. He'll let my father and me hold him, but that's it.

trimph1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Both Spring and Sweetpea sleep pretty much throughout the day--their playtime is pretty much scattered as well--as is our 'scatter' rugs...

Where they sleep is all over...right now Spring is asleep IN the Xmas tree while Sweetpea is asleep on our bed...

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It'll be easier to tell you when they're awake.

half an hour sometime between 8 and 10am playtime running down the hall
noon - 1pm lunch and grooming
4-5pm wandering around, playing in the cat room
11-midnight playtime with Da Bird and dinner
half an hour, or until tired between 2 and 3am chasing each other down the hallway and back.

So I guess that leaves almost 20 hours of sleeping per day. They wake up for 5-10 minutes multiple times a day, but I didn't put that since they're usually looking for another sleeping spot.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most of the time, it seems like. Right now, Swanie is sleeping on the couch next to the computer, and Cindy is upstairs, probably on our bed.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

About 23 hours 55 minutes out of the day
Our geriatric kitties do seem to spend a lot of time sleeping. However, Mollipop spends her time getting into trouble! Honestly, when we're home during the day, Miss Pop will spend hours with us, watching what we're doing or "helping" us with whatever we're doing. I think that when we're away, though, she does nap a bit more.

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats are a crepuscular species, and so ideally one should try to accommodate that biological clock.

With my night schedule, I pay with them at 5:30AM before I go to bed, and on non-work days again at 8PM, and I do my best not to bother them in the middle of the day which they usually sleep through on top of the kitchen cabinets or on the top cat shelves I setup by the near ceiling windows. They are still growing "teens" so I don't mind them getting their beauty rest in between play and breaking things in the house.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My kitties go to bed when we do and wake up when we do. After their breakfast, they're awake for a couple of hours. Tumbles of course stays awake longer and wreaks havoc all over the house!
They sleep off and on throughout the day, waking for lunch, then back to sleep. When I get home in the evenings, they're usually waiting at the door. They sleep for a bit in the evening, but both Hannah and Tumbles are usually awake for much of the evening. Callie, who's 14, sleeps most of the evening, but gets up for snacks and watches Tumbles and Hannah duke it out.

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, you know, living the life of luxury is very exhausting for Emmy!! She's curled up on my pillow when I leave for work every day--and she's in the same spot when I get home 12 hours later. She gets up for a few hours after I get home for a little loving and "conversation". When it's MY bedtime--I turn off the TV and she makes a bad dash to the bed ahead of me. So, what was the question? Oh yeah--she sleeps a lot!!