TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
what is your cat's (all of them
) favorite toy(s)?

here's what my kitties like:

peanutbutter: catnip fuzzballs
nerdles: not really a toy, but she's always around the catgrass

nothin': catnip anything; as long as it's catnip, he's there!
wubbles: fake furry mice, the pyramid of teas and paper rolled into a ball (her favorite, and why - I don't know)
:tounge2:

donna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats LOVE catnip. Mollie Rose, my oldest tortie, LOVES kitty grass. Favorite toys are as follows - fake furry mice, balled up pieces of tin foil, milk jug rings, and anything else they can get their paws on such as lip balm (if left on my dresser), pencils, chopsticks, clothespins, etc.

Donna

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitties love their furry mice the best ( we have them in all colors- even red and green ones for Christmas). They also like these plastic balls with catnip inside, their little mouse on a string with a bell and their crinkle balls (made from shiny foil type stuff) My cat Loco loves empty toilet paper rolls, and my kitten Missy like to bat a piece of her dry food around the floor. Our kitties have their own little toy box, and believe it or not, they actually go to it and choose a toy to take out and play with !! Its so cute!

imagyne

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
4 of our kitties favorite toy is the dog...... go figure.

Ken

kimlyau

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats favorite toy is this toy mouse when they touch it it squeaks
they love it

mandycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not really a toy but she prefers things she 'finds'. Her current favorite is bubble wrap. If the piece is small enough she will carry it around to various rooms and/or dip it into her water dish. With larger pieces she likes to lie on them - either just her head or her whole body.

She also has a toy box where I stash her 'stuff' at least once a day! She also goes in & drags out whatever in there interests her. Particularly does this at night while I'm asleep. She used to sleep on the bed but for several months now has been sleeping in the living room. I think she finds it more interesting there where she can drag stuff out & strew around the living room to entertain herself. (My Crazy Kitty!)

tshoobe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitties favorite toy, woudl be the hair bands that you can buy at the store. The fuzzy ones. He likes for me to snap them across the room and he will chase after them and bring them back. When I am busy I see him snapping them to chase. It is so cute.

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lately Loki's favorite toy is an old towel, second to that is this platics ring that I have attached to a thick elastic string after that it's the feather duster (he regularly beats up on the yellow bird) hehehehehe

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Snowball's all-time favorite toy is his wand toy with a fake furry mouse on the end of an elastic string. He loves to chase the little furry mouse and pounce on it.

Another favorite toy Snowball enjoys is a suction cup toy with a plastic ball and bell on top of a flexible stick. Whenever we try to attach the suction cup end to an object Snowball pulls it loose immediately. He likes to lie on his back and chew on the ball while his back feet are kicking at the suction cup end.

lady hawk

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok lets see , there are so many.
Mishka loves his red catnip mouse, just the red one mind you.
Monty - any soft ball he can play catch with
Moofey-Banjo's Tail(banjo is our dog) and his grooming glove.
Roxane-her collection of furry toys
Baby Bindi -My unicorn bookmark and my gold heart locket.
But I still say that their all time favorite toy has to be "ME"

Tish

billchamb

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Striker's favorite toy seems to be his "sister" Sassy! He's also fond of anything dangled from a string. Now that he's the "old" cat of the house, he acts with more grace and dignity (until we're not looking and he tries to drink from the big plant vase by sticking his face down in it!)

Sassy, on the other hand, is completely fascinated by the Turbo Scratcher, her food, jingle balls, Striker's tail, Mom and Dad's fingers and toes.(She's quite feisty!)

Bill

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Striker's fetish for brown paper grocery bags/sacks!

illusion

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Satey likes balls - tennis balls are his fave but he has various others including a heavy red ball from our old trackball mouse and a jingle ball for cats.

Gus loves to play with just about anything. He has a ball-in-a-donut-track toy which he drags out of the corner where we store it just to play with it, a crinkly tunnel thing, and most recently, an empty aspirin bottle with 3 pennies inside for interest. He also loves those little Dixie cups from the bathroom and empty toilet paper rolls.

vjoy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Danielle (Dani) used to like to play with the feather on th end of the fishing pole thingee...

A small grey mouse that you pull the string and it runs in circles,

The bouncy kind of ball that bounces in haphazzard ways, not like a regular globe ball

A battery operated circular thing with a mouse that runs around in circles.....she used to love to try to catch it.

That's it. She is VERY picky. But I am actually concerned, because ever since she came back from her ear surgery 10 days ago, she does not want to play, with ANYTHING. She only wants to sleep, eat, poop, or lie around. Usually near me or ON me.
Why does she not want to play anymore?

Is she bored with the toys?

I am concerned. I want her to get some exersise and not get bored.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

PS, I have tried the crumpled up paper ball, the cardboard tubing from the toilet paper, the dixie cup, lots of things. She has no interest in anything to play with.

lady hawk

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am concerned. I want her to get some exersise and not get bored.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Hi Vjoy
Maybe she just needs a bit more time, how is she walking ?
Is she balanced ?
I would keep an eye on her food and fluid intake.
But if all else is well, then she might not feel up to it as yet, 10 days is not that long a period for recovery from any surgery.
If you still have concerns , give your vet a call.
In the mean time give her plenty of hugs and pats and a scratch under the chin from me.
*Hugs*
Tish

vjoy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you Lady Hawk..

Yes I called the Vet. I thought It might be the tapazole she is on. He told me this morning that her lethargy is normal, and her metabolizm is crashing, and should then normalize. He said if she gets any worse, to bring her in for a blood test. But he said the lethargy should improve.

It just seems that she doesnt even want to look at the toys.

lady hawk

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Vjoy
I am glad you called and have your mind at rest, don't worry about the toys too much , she is clinging to you right now, because you make her feel safe and secure, she needs you more than toys right now.
As much as you want her back to normal,try to enjoy her dependence on you, what a comfort you must be to her, feel proud that she trusts you so much.
*Hugs to you both*
Tish

shadow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Shadow's favorite toy happens to be whatever I am using at the time, from the Remote to a book, to my laptop. Even the water sprayer I use whenever he tries to get on the table during dinner becomes a toy.