Your Cat Biographies

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I ran across this thread and thought it was cute
so I wanted to keep it going!

PHX

When I moved to Arizona I had to get rid of all my cats (long story), and I lived without cats until I could get a place of my own. After my boyfriend moved out here to live with me, we decided that our house was empty without cats! So, we looked and looked for the 'perfect cat'....

I was looking on craigslist.org for cats and happened to run across an ad for siamese mix cat for free. (He's a lynx point siamese mix) It said that he's an awesome cat, very unique, neutured, litter trained, and up to date on all shots. I emailed the lady trying to get more information. Why are they getting rid of this cat if it's such a great cat? So, I got an email back explaining how she had 7 cats and then one of her cats ran away. She got sad that the cat ran away so went to the animal shelter to get another one. Then after a few weeks, the other cat came home. She then had 8 cats. According to her, 8 is too many.. and she decided to get rid of the newest addition- PHX. She had named him PHX because he came from the PHX animal shelter. For those of you who may not know, PHX is the abbreviation for Phoenix- as in Phoenix, Arizona.

So... to continue my long story... I went and looked at the cat. She thought he was around a year old. The animal shelter put on there he was 3-4 months (which he definetly was NOT!). I fell in love with him at first sight!
I brought him home, and I absolutely love him! He fits right in!

That's my story about PHX!

Now yours......

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My two kitties have similar stories

Sassy came to live with me over 15 years ago. At the time I adopted him from the shelter I also adopted his litter mate Flip. They were the only two surviving kittens from a litter of 7 someone had abandon on the shelter doorstep. When I brought them home they had some problems, ear, eye and respiratory infections, they were infested with fleas, which was caused the death of their litter mates. It was touch and go for both of them for the first couple of weeks but with lots of love and care they grew into very much loved family members.

I lost Flip this pasted March to kidney failure.

Sassy is a DSH, grey/white with medium long hair. He is a beautiful cat and very laid back. He and Flip were inseparable for their whole time together and I was quite concerned about the effect losing his buddy would have on him. There was a noticeable difference in his mood within a couple of days so I decided that it was time to adopt a playmate for him.

Linus came to live with us about 2 weeks after we lost Flip. He is DSH grey with very short hair. He is a fun-loving little guy who virtually moves everywhere at the speed of light. He never walks anywhere, I believe this is a result of being cooped up in a cage for almost a year. He is making up for lost time.

He and Sassy get along well, and Linus just idolizes sassy. Sassy didn't quite know what to make of him at first, but it only took about 3 days for them to become fast friends.

The shelter that I got Linus from will only keep stray cats for a year and if they are not adopted by that time they are put down. Linus was 10 days away from that deadline when I adopted him and everyday I am so happy I got to him in time because he is such a lovable little critter he certainly deserved to have a forever home.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, i had not had a cat of my own since college. Many of the gf i had, cats so i still got to have some around.

Tisha(aka Heyu)
After i came back to ohio, the house was empty , and i was not home enough to get dog(which i still want), one day when i stopped in the petstore for fish food i saw this little kitty hiding in her litter box, with just her eyes sticking over the top.She has the saddest look(the no one loves me look) i looked at her cared said she was 6 months old and picked up on the street. Well i took her home. (please note i had to go back the next day to get the fish food cause i forgot it
)

Well i thought i made a mistake, cause she would not come out from the under thebed for about a week, and only to eat and use the litter box. Finally she came out, and would lay in the door way of the computer room. But if you moved to fast or stood up,she went back under the bed. i would bet it was almost 1 month maybe 2 before she would let me touch her. She never been a lap kitty, maybe once a day or 2 she will get up on your lap and lay down for some pets. When i come home she just wants you to rub her head on your hand(which she purrs like crazy when you do that),, she is just happy to be in the same room with you, or sleeping at the foot of the bed. She is sacred of other people, and wont let anyone touch her but me.
She is also part watch cat
as in more then once, she has woke me up to show me something she thought was wrong(like open windows she seem to hate that) She was soo tiny when i got her, she did go into a very long cat. but she is still way to skinny.

As for the name, hehe she wont answer to trisha, but if i call heyu she turns and meows back or comes running. She is a yeller, she does not really meow, more YEOW!!! and i get to hear that every day when i get home for about 5 min..

Eazy,
WEll eazy is about a year old, last year around thankgiving i kept hearing a meow coming from the ourside the house, but it was so faint, that i was not rewally sure i head it.

lol well one day i open the door to go to work and in runs this streak, he just moved his self in without so much as a can i? he was dirty, but no fleas, and he did not look like he was starving to death. He had a coller on that said harry. But there was no address. He was litter trained, understood NO, and was such a friendly kitty. I still dont know if he was dropped, or just got away from someone. i did keep a eye out for flyers incase someone was looking for him. he loves getting in your lap, and playing(which drives heyu nuts) well after a vet vist, they guessed he was around 12 weeks old.

it took a long time before heyu finally stopped going nuts over him, she is not not very fond of him, but she does play with him. more then once, she will just hiss and bop him on the head for no reason
ehhe eazy is a example of my rule, if it has 4 legs and furr, once it gets in the house, its mine

both want nothing to do with the outside world minus bird watching, i have to leave the deck door open so they will sit out there to watch , if i leave the room, or shut the door, both are right there, going LET ME IN LET ME IN

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, this is fun, nothing like digging up an old thread!

Here we go:
Stanley's Story
Stanley started out life in some tough circumstances. The lady who owned his house really wanted to help all the kitties, but she got overwhelmed and soon the situation was out of control. There were 60 cats in Stanley's house. Not enough food and not enough litter boxes.

The lady asked for help and the local animal control put her in touch with an animal rescue society in Hudson, NY. At about this time we were moved into our house for about a year and had decided after a few months of cat-sitting that we would like to have our own resident house cats.

DH went looking online for a good kitty candidate. He wanted a Maine Coon, MC mix or DLH as he is particularly attached to his childhood pet, Molly (a MC who's probably somewhere between 12 and 14 and still going strong at his father's house). We knew we wanted a rescue kitty since there are so many homeless cats.

He saw a kitty listed as a MC mix on Petfinder named Stella. Many, many calls to the rescue later, he found that Stella was in fact a boy, did we still want to meet him? Of course.

We drove about an hour to Hudson to meet the kitty. He was small (just about 5 lbs), less than a year old, and smelled. His coat was matted (because he had a sore on his tongue and couldn't groom) and he had a bad URI, but he was such a lovey sweet little guy we had to take him. It was decided that he looked like a Stanley.

Several vet trips later, Stan is feeling much better and he lives with us and another kitty named Bella.

Bella's Story We had already decided Stanley was coming home with us, but DH thought it would be better if he had a friend. So we went to see the other kitties available for adoption. We spent 30-45 minutes meeting kitties and eventually a bossy little brown tiger (with what look like Tortie patches on her back) sat on my lap and wouldn't leave.

The as yet unnamed kitty's file said that she was about a year old and had come to the rescue after someone moved and left all their pets behind in their empty house.
A few days later a neighbor heard the dog barking and alerted the rescue. On the way home we decided that the gorgeous girl with the golden yellow eyes would be named Bella, short for "Bella Ragazza"...beautiful girl.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is going to be LOOOONG!

It all started in July 2006 with a little black and white fuzzball. He had a crooked tail, and a crooked foot and was soooo tiny. I had wanted a kitten for a long time, and there was a "free kitten" sign up the road so we stopped on the way home one day. No one wanted the little kitten because he was "deformed" but we immediately fell in love with him. We named him Oliver Felix and he was our baby. He had megaesophagus and was just very sick. He did great for a long time but passed away in October of 2006. That's when the group below started to come into the picture

Tabitha
After Oliver Felix passed away, I wanted to rescue another kitten almost right away. We wanted another black and white kitten and we wanted a male. We were at the pet store and saw a sign for free kittens. I called the number and found out that they lived just behind us. So we stopped there on the way back to the house. They had one kitten left. The kitten was the opposite of what we were looking for... she was a female, was red and white, and was HUGE for her age. She was crazy hyper, but was soooo sweet and John especially loved her immediately. So we brought her home and she became John's cat. But I still wanted a cat of my own...

Spooky Bear
We were living in a camper while the new house was being built and we had Tabitha and a couple foster kittens that we were finding new homes for. Early one Saturday morning, John and I were asleep when there was a knock at the camper door. It was John's dad... he said "did you know there are kittens in the barn?". I jumped out of bed and ran out there. There were two tiny little kittens cuddled up in the corner. I caught the first one, a grey tabby male, with no difficulty and took him into the camper. John and I went back for the second one, a cute little black fuzzball with a white stripe on his face and a white spot on his chest. He took over an hour to catch. For a tiny kitten he was FAST! We finally cornered him under a pile of wood and John grabbed him (and got his face scratched in the process). It was very cold, and down below zero that night so there was no way I was leaving them in the barn. They were around 4 weeks old, and we never did see a momma cat around anywhere. The little tabby male passed away due to FKS just a few days later. We decided to keep Spooky.

Leo
Leo was one of the foster kittens that we got from John's uncle. A stray cat had kittens under his house and when they were old enough to come out, he was worried that a neighborhood tom cat would hurt them so I took them in. We ended up keeping Leo.. but now he's an indoor/outdoor cat, he just doesn't want to come inside unless we make him.

Spike
In May we drove past the house where we got Oliver Felix from, and they had another "free kitten" sign out. Knowing that it was highly likely that the kittens were related to Oliver Felix, and despite the fact that we knew we really shouldn't... we stopped anyway... and left with Spike (who is at least half brother to Oliver Felix).

And then we have all of our foster cats and kittens. They all have stories of their own, but it would take a long time to post them all!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tigger
Tigger was actually a package deal when I moved in with my fiance, Rob. When he was 7, he was at a Navy function with his dad. They found some kittens in a tree and wanted the multi-colored one. His dad reached in and grabbed her, and they brought her home. She'd hide behind the washing machine, but finally began trusting them. When I came into the picture, when she was 12, she wasnt a big fan - I took half of the attention Rob used to give her! But after I'd spend awhile staying with him, Tigger realized I'd give her loads of attention
Especially because I didnt have a job, so most of my days were spent on the computer or watching tv, with her in my lap. She is now 14 and loves to talk to us. We're hoping for many more wonderful years

Chassis
We (me, my parents & brother) adopted Chassis in 2003, after our beloved 10 year old cat, Battery, had to be put down due to a malignant, inoperable tumor in his nose. His littermate brother was miserable. We brought home Chassis and they took a bit to get used to one another, but eventually were good buddies. She had a sister at the vets office (where we adopted Chass from), but my mom was drawn to Chassis' white whiskers and eyebrows. She has fur as soft as a rabbits and is mostly indoor.

Caliper
We "adopted" Caliper in 2004, from a recycling center nearby our house in North Carolina. Mag (the older cat, now 11), wasn't doing so well before and after the move. We found out his kidneys were failing, only after he'd taken a tranquilizer and they had to get him awake again. We thought he was doing much better two weeks later, when we found Caliper. We decided just in case something happened to Mag (they said he could live weeks to years with the IV we had to give 2x a week), that we would adopt Caliper so Chassis wouldnt be alone. Mag took to her immediately, walking over her and "protecting" her from Chassis. Sadly, the next day, Mag curled up and passed away behind our den table, possibly from a heart attack - but we really will never know. Chassis & Caliper hide the fact that they get along when no one is looking.

Tailpipe
Tailpipe was a kitten my mom saw at a local shelter in her area. His brother was extremely hostile, but Tailpipe curled right up to her chest when she picked him up. My dad was in Atlantic City, attending auto racing, and she considered adopting Tailpipe during the time he was gone. Instead she waited, and my dad said "what the heck, go ahead". He hid under beds and couches and behind things for awhile. He still hides from Rob & I, because we dont live there - we just visit. My dad said that in the mornings, Tailpipe runs laps around the upstairs and stops outside their bedroom door when he gets up. Caliper & Tailpipe are partners in crime - they're almost always together when you go looking for them.

felton

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tigger - rescued 14.9 years ago by DW and son (before I married her)
Shadow Ram - followed us home from friends farm (kitten)
Laptop - followed us home from friends farm (kitten)
Sterling - followed us home from friends farm (kitten)
Charlie - rescued from cat rescue (Angels with Paws) [about 6 months old and he had to have a leg amputated - we all entered the room at a different time and he jumped up on all out laps. We figure he wanted us as slaves so we took him home.

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Adopted Mittens 9 years ago in a pet store of all places, it was in February and a month has passed since we lost our other cat and we needed a cat desperately. She was an only sister and she had twin long-haired grey brothers. I went to the pet store (they don't do cats anymore, they refer people to the shelter) and there were only three cats there, not much of a choice. I went back a week later and Mittens' two brothers were gone and she was the only one left. My heart just broke. She was the only kitten there.

Adopted Cassy last Mother's Day when she 'wobbled' into my yard-she was about 2/3 years old, skinny and in need of MUCH love. I did not take her in the first day I saw her, I did feed her. The next day I went looking for her, she did not come until evening, I fed her again. That Monday, I saw her again, and decided to go on a HUNT to find out who she belonged to. Came up with nothing, the phone number on her worn collar did not work. She had on an old worn out flea collar and an old worn pink rhinestone collar with the rhinstones missing-this broke my heart. I took her in, gave her a bath, went to the vets, and now this precious kitty is mine.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is cool (but I want to also include Spooky too as he was a special cat).

Spooky

I was born in April of 1991 in a litter of 2 (only me and my sister). We are white cornish rex - I'm blue eyed, my sister is gold eyed. I was a very handsome special kitten - didn't know I was headed for a fantastic show career.

I rode in a plane to another state from Minnesota - a place called Maryland. I was such a cute kitten and had so much fun in the show rings. The judges gave me lots of toys to play with and fancy ribbons almost in every ring!

I grew up to be a wonderful show cat, easily getting my Grand Championship in CFA and ACFA. I took numerous Regional and National finals for many years. My best year was 10th Best Alter in the entire country! Mom was so very proud of me and her son, Justin loved to show me too.

After I retired so other cats could have fun, I got to enjoy retirement too but still missed the rings - would sit in the bathroom while the other kittens were being prepped for showing. The last few years were kinda rough. I slowed down a lot and could not do a very good job in keeping clean. I felt my time had come and one morning didn't feel well. I think my heart just gave up and I quietly went to sleep. Now I enjoy running and playing at Rainbow Bridge.

Ling

I was born on a farm in a big barn. My mom was a really pretty calico; but I don't know who my dad is. I had 2 brothers and 2 sisters. We all looked the same - blue tabbies with white on our feet/belly.

Mom calls me a "magic kitty" - cause all of us changed to "siamese" cats and then we got pretty black/white coats. I love Keno - she's my best friend. I tolerate Charlie - he picks on me a lot. I think he is nutz. I'm a very pretty lady but would rather stay home and keep the dog company

Charlie

I'm a wild and crazy Ocicat who loves EVERYTHING in life. I find it fun to pick on Ling and the big dog, Keno. I know I'm boss around the house - just have to convince Ling of that. I am a great supervisor and helper. Also the best food taster in the house.

I love going to shows - judges play with me and give me toys and sometimes ribbons. I know I'm the best cat in the entire world - at least I think I am
Mom is still working on counting all my spots, but I don't stay still enough for that. I'm a smart cat and everyone is impressed with me.

jarvis

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ike's biography is a bit short! She was born in March 2007 from a friend's grandparent's cat. (They let her out and she wasn't fixed...go figure! lol) She was all black like her daddy and all her brothers and sisters were cow pattern. It was so hard to pick a baby, but when I held her I knew she was the one!
She has been with me for about 4 months, and she just got home from getting spayed! I hope that she and I will have a wonderful life together!

beccory

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wick, my brother's cat, which we kept for a year while he was abroad, has a long story that I only know a small piece of. She was picked up from the Humane Society at age 6 by some friends of our family... she'd had at least two owners before that even. Those friends kept her until a year and a half ago when they left town for a bit and had my brother catsit for them. They ended up not wanting her back and paid my brother to keep her. He then went to Japan and had us take care of her while he was gone, and now she's back with him. She's now 13 years old.

Simon, our 1.5 year old cow kitty, was born from a stray that my sister's old friend found outside. He took in the stray and she gave birth a month later to a few kittens, on May 12, 2006. He gave away all the kittens except Simon and also kept the mother. Unfortunately his big dog, who he had had for years before the cat arrived, thought the kitties looked like fun toys and might have hurt them so he decided to give away the mom and Simon. He found a home for the mom quickly but couldn't find a place for Simon. My sister emailed me saying that Simon would go to the shelter the next day if a home wasn't found so I emailed her friend and told him we would take Simon. He was 3 months old when we got him and has since grown up into a big long ...kitten. He refuses to grow up one bit!

Lyra is our new kitty. She's ...around 2 years old. Her previous owners found her outside in the winter with her tail frozen in the snow. She couldn't move and was crying pitifully so they got hot water and poured it over her tail until they could get her out. They took her home and she made friends with a male kitty they had at the time. Unfortunately (I'm not sure what happened here, exactly) the male cat suddenly wasn't around anymore and the family's older female cat started terrorizing poor Lyra. The older cat wouldn't let her out of the kitchen and so she couldn't get to the food or litterbox and got a UTI. The owners moved things around so that she could eat and use the litterbox and she got better, but she was still confined to the kitchen, so they decided it was time to find her a new owner. (They got a new basset hound puppy instead, hehe.) So we took her home last Sunday and she's just now starting to get comfortable in her new home.

ashleigh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Indie

I had seen an ad in the paper for kittens who were 2/3 weeks so went along to pick one ready for when they were old enough to leave mum. I went in and Indie came right up to me, he was the strangest kitten I'd ever seen, not nasty strange but looked like the cutest teddy bear I'd ever seen and I HAD to have him! and by that time he'd come to me so had chose me! The lady wasn't quite the full ticket so it seemed and I then had a problem. There were two black kittens and two black and white,my thoughts were what if she sells Indie thinking it's Minx then I'd have lost him! So I said I'd have both. Well as said on here before the house was the most nasty house ever! mum seemed like a breeding machine (some previous litter were there only 7 months) they handled mum too rough for my liking and the cats litter tray was a mountain of pure filth, bowls were very dirty with days or even months of rotting food on them, water was dirty, the kittens were shoved on a filthy bit of rag on a cold concrete floor, the whole house was filth. I was due to get them at 6 weeks, when the next day the phone rang she told me mum had stopped feeding and to pick my cats up! I said to her to seek vets advice when she rudely told me to pick them up the next day and slammed the phone down. So I picked them up thinking try and give them a chance or let them die ( that's when I joined here
) I got them checked by the vet and frontlined as they were riddled in fleas, and they settled down to being bottle fed. Indie is such a soft gentle boy, he isn't very vocal but he does do this pathetic little mew which means stroke me now, it is so cute. He prefers DH and our daughter to cuddle him but does on occasion let me hold him on his back like a baby! I'm the only on he allows to do that ha! If you ask for a kiss he will kiss you. He gets on with all cats and loves to hang out with them. He doesn't really stick up for himself so his sister does. He always prances on his sister for play fights and has got a right old lump now! sometimes he goes too far and gets a thump in the head. He has his mad moments when he runs up and down the stairs like a loony and always does this side run which is comical. His favourite toy is his fishing rod and his favourite place to lie is my bedroom window seel, my daughters bed or top of the stairs. He eats anything on offer and doesn't milk tread he more marches like he's in the army!

Minx

Obviously same start as Indie in life, but I wasn't planning on two kittens and took her for the wrong reasons as said above( was scared Indie would get sold) and always feel guilty when I think of it. But I am sooooo happy I got my shadow! She is my princess and follows me everywhere! If I go out to the shop my daughter says she cries for me, she'll sit by the window until I come back, when I leave for work she'll sit by the window and I'll always blow her a kiss and wave hehe. Minx or minkymoo as I call her is quite babyish, she was also obviously bottle fed and will milk tread every night. She won't directly kiss your skin but she'll kiss in air lol. She loves a cuddle and rolls on her side burying her head in me and she'll paw my face which melts me, she also gazes up at me with such pure love
If I hurt myself she'll come running to check i'm ok and if me and DH have play fights she gets concerned so we kinda stopped that. As babyish as she is she will stick up for herself and her brother, when two dogs chased them Indie ran home, she stood against them both, hissed and spat and they ran off, she'll also chase away cats who dare come into her garden! Her thing at the moment is bringing dragonflies home to mum! She's a very vocal cat and a 'brrrper' and I know her mood from her vocals lol, she's a fussy eater but loves to eat! Her fav toy is my hairband which if you flick she fetches back, she likes to ruin the xmas tree every year, and her fav place to lay is under my bed, or on it when Im in it.

chalk and cheese these two but I love them both deeply

I just had to edit this as i forgot to say I contacted the autorities who took away mum cat and all siblings from this woman, and all were rehomed, mum and 7 month old sibling together, remaining two kittens together.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Raven & Nabu: came to live with me in Mid-August of 1998. I was a college student, and finally had an apartmetn where I could have a cat. As it happened, over the summer I was temping at a flooring retail store. The sales manager had broke up with his GF at the beginning of the summer and had homed the guys with a customer (he thought it was a forever home). Well the not so nice lady changed her mind. The guys were close to 1 1/2 yrs when I picked them up. Fixed and front declawed (I only cared about the fixed part, I was a broke college student). And she had them outside 24/7.
I am 100% sure that that place was why they can hunt. At 1 1/2 yrs old they tipped the scales at 7 lbs.

The rest, as they say, is history. They came home with me. Luckily they were easy to catch (horrible woman wouldn't even catch them for me). Once at my apartment, they took a walk around, seemed to say "we're home" and commenced eating for 10 minutes straight. In those days, Iams was high quality, only available at vets and pet stores, and that is what I fattened them up on. Their original owner was so relieved. He checked on them a few months after the temp job ended. I think he truly knew what a good home they got.

Since then they've moved across country twice and lived in 4 different states.

Stimpy: came to us through the shelter I worked at at the time, on March 1, 2002. He was 2 yrs old. Stimpy arrived on the doorstep of the shelter February 1st, crammed in a carrier with another cat. And Stimpy was 15 lbs then. He had a complete urinary tract blockage, and could have died.

After several days at the vet he came back to the shelter. He pretty much decided he was best buds with me from day one. He would get all excited and meow when I was in or near the cat room. He would squish his nose and drool on me while putting his paws on my shoulders. He also LOVES to be held. Anyway, I tried getting everyone I knew to adopt him. Knowing he was a GREAT cat. And it failed. Because ultimately Stimpy had a plan to come home with me.
Also, people are really dumb about a cat that has a cage card stating they need special food.

After a month of being at the shelter he came home with us. He only stayed a week or so extra after our adoption was approved, for a total of 4 weeks. It was approved after Mike came in and visited with him. And he said those fateful words "I guess 3 cats are ok."