your biggest pet peeves.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've noticed that a LOT of people pronounce "nuclear" as "nukular". Jimmy Carter, who has a degree in nuclear physics, is a case in point.

People who "ax" questions at the "liberry" are very annoying, too.

Overweight women, wearing spandex pants - Ugh. There should be a law, prohibiting the manufacture of spandex pants, larger than size 10.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
great pet peeves everyone!

though i notice some of them carry a stronger conviction than i would attach to a "pet peeve" but still great thoughts, most of which i agree wholeheartedly

i absolutely can't stand crumbs in the bed, bread crumbs, cookie crumbs, any kind of crumbs! or litter!
basically, i don't want anything in my bed that isn't supposed to be there

Kass, that's exactly what i do, sometimes it's a lot better to get creative & have fun, rather than just hanging up, or getting mad :tounge2:

i have a ton more (i'm sure), but that's all that comes to mind right now.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I remembered a few more of my pet peeves....

People who use the last of the toilet paper and don't replace the roll.

When hubby doesn't close the shower curtain.

Dishes piled up in the sink when there is a dishwasher right there.

auburn412

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm right there with you, heidi!

except for the part about the dishwasher. we don't have one. i just wish the dishes would go in the sink rather than all over the counter!

blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Auburn412
i'm right there with you, heidi!

except for the part about the dishwasher. we don't have one. i just wish the dishes would go in the sink rather than all over the counter!
or all over the house in various places!
just put them in the sink!!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, that too (not under the bed, just all over the house). Every time hubby cleans out his computer area we almost double the number of dishes we have!
I hate this dishes in the sink because most of the time I can't even get to the sink. How are you supposed to cook with no water?????

blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the fact that Cameron never thinks ahead
I am always thinking ahead, knowing when bills are coming up, rent, things we're running out of, etc, and meanwhile he is completely clueless
it drives me crazy!!!

and, he leaves his clothes everywhere, on the back of the kitchen chairs, on the couch, the floor, the chairs, his bed, the bathroom... grrrr

AND he is obsessed with buying clothes, and jackets which he NEVER wears twice
*pulls out hair!!*

AND he always uses my body wash and denies it!

men...

auburn412

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by blue
the fact that Cameron never thinks ahead
I am always thinking ahead, knowing when bills are coming up, rent, things we're running out of, etc, and meanwhile he is completely clueless
it drives me crazy!!!

men...
amen to that! i find myself telling duane i didn't marry him to be his mommy!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ohhh...men.....

it drives me nuts when i am starting dinner and Jake comes in and takes over....
excuse me i am the one cooking and you have no idea what i am doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

basically, a lot of the time, when i am doing something, Jake will come in and take over.......im not stupid!!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oh yeah! i started to fix the taps in the kitchen because they were leaking and guess who came in and took over? he took time out from his beloved playstation game just to take over!!!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am always thinking ahead, knowing when bills are coming up, rent, things we're running out of, etc, and meanwhile he is completely clueless it drives me crazy!!!
OMG - you described Earl to a T! LOL Are they all like that???

Another pet peeve I have with hubby, which goes along with what Kellye and Jan are talking about....he has no put-things-together inclination. Shortly after we met, I let him put together our grill. BIG MISTAKE!!! The slats are crooked, half of them aren't attached on one side, it's a mess. He STILL insists on doing all the little building things in the house. I DO have a knack for those kind of things, but can I touch the drill? NNNNOOOOO!!!!

julieb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Re: dishes - my hubby doesn't put stuff all over the house, or in sink, he might rinse it, but then *leaves it on the counter directly above the dishwasher*!!! Mere inches away from its happy home, nicely stored away in the washer, ready to go. Then a cat will jump up on the counter and start licking the watery milk leavings out of the cereal bowl, or the yogurt off a spoon, and I have to heave up off the couch, find the squirt bottle, go into the kitchen, squirt the culprit, and put the dish away myself.

He does the same thing with laundry - puts the dirty clothes *on top* of the hamper. I always tell him, you're so close to being the perfect husband, why not go the extra inch?

Some others:

- Apostrophizing plurals
- People at the grocery who wait until the total is announced before they go digging for their wallet (I shop every day, sometimes twice a day, for my job, so I see this more than the average person...)
- People who drive up and down the on/off ramps to get ahead in traffic
- Being asked questions that have no answer: A classic I got when making small talk about my science job: "So, how much acid rain is there?"
- Watching someone eat a popsicle without breaking it in half - that's why there are two sticks!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
i gotta add another one about hubby - if i play punch him, he acts like hes seriously hurt! Please!!!!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A certain, slightly older gentleman, who will NOT take his reading glasses when we go to a restaurant. He can manage the menu, because he usually knows what he wants. However, when the bill comes, he gives it to me, to figure the tip and total the check. Somehow, he manages to sign the thing.

BTW: I never go anywhere, without a pair of reading glasses.

Its been five years, since his cataract surgery and he hasn't been back, to the ophthamologist. I've been after him, for a year and a half, to make an appointment. Before I came along, he didn't do it because someone has to drive him home. Now, with NO excuse, he STILL won't go.

He hates to ask me to do anything, for him. Take today: I have to go to the bank and deposit my alimony check and he mentioned that he needs to deposit his paycheck (he didn't feel like going to the bank after work, yesterday). I told him that I could take care of his, while I was doing mine. He says, "you don't have to do that." What's the big deal? We use the same bank, I'll be there, anyway and he's made deposits for me, when I've been too busy. I'm not working, I have a car - it just makes sense for me to do those little errands. So ask, already!