Young Male Cats Peeing On Carpet

sassmaster11

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, long time lurker/first time poster!
I have two 11-month-old male cats who i raised along with their four other siblings from the time they were 3 days old. My problem is, they think they can pee wherever they want!
Whenever I try to find solutions it seems the majority of answers are linked to cats who suddenly stop using the litter box. That's not my problem, the kittens do use the litter box at times. They always poop in the litter box, and they pee in the litter box daily, too. They are comfortable with their litter & boxes (we have 4 different litter boxes), they just decide to go elsewhere.
They are both desexed, and otherwise well behaved.
They pee on carpet, in many rooms of the house, and no amount of 'boundries' or double-sided tape seems to keep them away.
I do have a 10-year-old female cat & 8-year-old male dog who they don't get along with, but I really don't think it's a marking behavior.
I think that when they were young kittens they had accidents in these places, and now they think they can pee there whenever they please.
They don't have UTI's, they're not anxious, they don't mind their litter boxes, and each time they're caught they are put in a litter box (they don't do it in front of anyone anymore). they don't just use one spot, there's probably 10+ cat pee spots around the house. The spots have been cleaned again and again, including replacing carpet padding under some of them.
I worry that if we can't fix this problem we won't be able to keep them.
any help?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sassmaster11

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They eat both dry and wet food. One of them does eat a pretty excessive amount of dry food, but the other I'd say eats far less than average.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sassmaster11

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I should probably add that neither of them had any cat influence growing up (aside from their littermates), they were bottle babies with no mom. They learned to use the litter box around 4 weeks old, just never fully.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When my cats get pee problems, it's usually the dry food. I have to keep it under half a cup.