Young cat vomiting after breakfast

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

redgale

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Another update: Lilo's diarrhea was getting worse on the Purina EN diet, to the point where she was having running stools 3-4 times a day. She was also throwing up almost every morning. The vet suggested I try another prescription food (Purina HA), but it only came in kibble form and the primary ingredients were rice, soy, and soybean oil. This goes against everything I've learned about proper feline diet, so I couldn't bring myself to spend $56 on a bag of crappy food. Instead, I put Lilo back on grain-free Merrick canned food (this time other flavors besides turkey) and a chicken-based freeze-dried raw food. I also added Feline Comfort Plus powder to her food for a few days. Her diarrhea cleared up within a day. The vomiting still happens occasionally, but it's not every morning anymore. She's back to acting like her old self.

If the goal is to manage IBD symptoms, I think the Merrick and raw food is doing a much better job than the prescription diet, so I'm going to continue doing what works best until it no longer works.