Young Cat Mama!

Which is the coolest cat?

• Total voters

pandataco

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey all! My screen name is pandataco, I am from Tennessee, and I am seventeen years old. I volunteer at an animal shelter in my town where I met 2/3 of my kitties. I have fostered three cats over the past year, and 2/3 have been foster failures. :crackup:

Meet My Cats
Catalina Jolie (Katya)

(the large calico)
IMG_1541.JPG

I met Katya in November, 2015. She was being shown at a local Petsmart by a cat rescue nearby. Before I met Katya, I disliked cats. I preferred dogs above all, but something about this fat cat rubbing itself against the kennel door made me fall in love. I adopted her the same day without question. I later discovered that Katya had been a mother to four kittens, which all got adopted the day before I found her at the Petsmart. Catalina is by far my laziest cat, but also the most patient. As I've brought cats and dogs in and out of the house she has grown into a great kitty mentor for all of them.
Kirlia
kirlia.jpg

Kirlia was one of the many kittens that I met through the animal shelter. It was only by chance that she fell into my hands when she did. It was the day before school started back, meaning my last day of volunteering for the Summer, and one of the shelter staff brought to my attention that several of the younger kittens had been dying of upper respitory infection. Due to overpopulation, they were unable to be treated. So I grabbed two random kittens, and began my journey as a foster. Kirlia, and her sister Ralts were the first kittens I had ever had, and taught me the hardships that came with raising young cats. The two were constantly doign something to terrorize me. I was both relieved, and saddened when a woman contacted me about adopting one. It was an accident that I picked Ralts to go instead of Kirlia, but it was a mistake that I'll never regret. My sweet Kirlia has grown up to be an amazing cat who accompanies me in everything I do. She is the most talkative of my cats, and the neediest. She has blessed me in many ways, and is due to have kittens very soon. Which, I look forward to. ( No worries, it was a slip-up and she will be fixed once the babies get here :) )
Gardevoir (Gardi)
gardi.jpg

Much like Kirlia, Gardevoir was a kitten that I met through the animal shelter. Much like Katya, it was love at first sight. This strange little baby showed up one day without a litter, and none of the shelter workers recall her being surrendered. She was just in the cat kennel one day. After about a week of telling myself no, I decided to foster, then I decided to adopt her. This little baby of mine is the dirtiest kitten I have met in my lifetime, and has been the hardest to litter train. I love her all the same though, and she has been my cuddle buddy ever since she came home two weeks ago. Gardi is spoiled and loved by my entire family, unlike Katya and Kirlia who my family were a bit unsure about at first. This kitty is my last. Unless, of course I fall in love with one of Kirlia's babies....

13427921_1128474217194031_5981056876925867778_n.jpg
13892365_1182481598459959_138905467285398291_n.jpg
15317772_1575481095826672_5078886636607922658_n.jpg
14650669_1518872961487486_4151146960833857321_n.jpg
14718626_1518864424821673_4620718677050451389_n.jpg

Last edited:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! Your cats are all so cute! And, to answer your survey question, they're all super cool :thumbsup:. I hope to see you around the forums!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pandataco

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Any chance you could repost without the highlighter colours? I can't read it.
Hey all! My screen name is pandataco, I am from Tennessee, and I am seventeen years old. I volunteer at an animal shelter in my town where I met 2/3 of my kitties. I have fostered three cats over the past year, and 2/3 have been foster failures. :crackup:

Meet My Cats
Catalina Jolie (Katya)

(the large calico)
View attachment 183959
I met Katya in November, 2015. She was being shown at a local Petsmart by a cat rescue nearby. Before I met Katya, I disliked cats. I preferred dogs above all, but something about this fat cat rubbing itself against the kennel door made me fall in love. I adopted her the same day without question. I later discovered that Katya had been a mother to four kittens, which all got adopted the day before I found her at the Petsmart. Catalina is by far my laziest cat, but also the most patient. As I've brought cats and dogs in and out of the house she has grown into a great kitty mentor for all of them.
Kirlia
View attachment 183960

Kirlia was one of the many kittens that I met through the animal shelter. It was only by chance that she fell into my hands when she did. It was the day before school started back, meaning my last day of volunteering for the Summer, and one of the shelter staff brought to my attention that several of the younger kittens had been dying of upper respitory infection. Due to overpopulation, they were unable to be treated. So I grabbed two random kittens, and began my journey as a foster. Kirlia, and her sister Ralts were the first kittens I had ever had, and taught me the hardships that came with raising young cats. The two were constantly doign something to terrorize me. I was both relieved, and saddened when a woman contacted me about adopting one. It was an accident that I picked Ralts to go instead of Kirlia, but it was a mistake that I'll never regret. My sweet Kirlia has grown up to be an amazing cat who accompanies me in everything I do. She is the most talkative of my cats, and the neediest. She has blessed me in many ways, and is due to have kittens very soon. Which, I look forward to. ( No worries, it was a slip-up and she will be fixed once the babies get here :) )
Gardevoir (Gardi)
View attachment 183964

Much like Kirlia, Gardevoir was a kitten that I met through the animal shelter. Much like Katya, it was love at first sight. This strange little baby showed up one day without a litter, and none of the shelter workers recall her being surrendered. She was just in the cat kennel one day. After about a week of telling myself no, I decided to foster, then I decided to adopt her. This little baby of mine is the dirtiest kitten I have met in my lifetime, and has been the hardest to litter train. I love her all the same though, and she has been my cuddle buddy ever since she came home two weeks ago. Gardi is spoiled and loved by my entire family, unlike Katya and Kirlia who my family were a bit unsure about at first. This kitty is my last. Unless, of course I fall in love with one of Kirlia's babies....

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello pandataco pandataco , welcome to TCS :wave3:

Glad that you adopted the kitties and also glad that you've joined this site. Happy to hear that kitties and you are getting along fine.

They are lovely :lovecat::lovecat4:

Feel free to ask questions and do check out the Articles section for the many good reads and guides and of course, do participate in the forum pages.

Please post more photos of your kitties and see ya around :wink:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to you and your pokemon cats. If you get a kitten, you can name it Litten. lol
They are beautiful kitties.