Young cat is finally tapping into his loving side in a weird way.

regnes

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So my kitten is just about an adolescent cat now and in the last week he's developed a very strange behavior in bed. We sleep together, he's always slept under the covers while curled up into me which is adorable. Now in the mornings or in the evenings when we're in bed, I'll pet him and he's finally becoming responsive to that sort of thing, purring and all the usual stuff. Then he decides he wants to get closer and just plops himself on my face. Like as in he will lay directly on my face.

I've had friendly cats, but nothing this friendly. Though, I've never had a snuggling type cat before, so I'm not sure if it's normal behavior or not. As I'm typing this out, he's sleeping on my computer chair curled up against me.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Chicken likes to lie across my throat while I'm asleep. She's a long, lanky, furry cat so she makes a great scarf, but it is a little hard to breathe with her weight on your windpipe.

I don't think it's that unusual. Cats like to find a warm spot to sleep in, so anywhere around your face or head is going to seem cosy to them.