you wont date.......

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cata_mint

Hire a manservant. Someone to get things off of tall shelves/ carry heavy bags/ act as crowd clearance in busy areas/ make you nice drinks and yummy meals. Thats all you really need a man for anyway
The odd thing about this statement is if we substituted "woman" for "man," it would be extremely offensive. Why is it O.K. to bash men? I know it's meant as a joke, but it's not just this example, it's everywhere. Even commercials on TV always make the man out to be an idiot, and it's the same thing... there would be outrage if a woman was made fun of like that.

Just an observation. Back to the regularly scheduled thread.

cata_mint

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

The odd thing about this statement is if we substituted "woman" for "man," it would be extremely offensive. Why is it O.K. to bash men? I know it's meant as a joke, but it's not just this example, it's everywhere. Even commercials on TV always make the man out to be an idiot, and it's the same thing... there would be outrage if a woman was made fun of like that.

Just an observation. Back to the regularly scheduled thread.
Because up until very recently, it was true for women, and as far as I'm aware, it have never been true in popular culture for men. The comparative rarity of the situation makes it sufficiently removed from reality that it becomes humorous. Apparently.
Although the coca cola ads are tasteless! Like women have nothing better to do but break lifts so they can be rescued by hunky repairmen!

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Won`t date anyone....cause i`m married (for almost 42 years!)
But if I was single I know I would`nt date a farmer....not cause I don`t like them or anything like that....it`s just that I know i`m not a "farmers wife-type" and would`nt do the things that farmers wives are expected to do to help out.
Also could not be a preachers wife....I don`t play the piano or teach school! :-)
Linda

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by binkyhoo

Not to sound contrary, but I am dating some one shorter than me. Good things come in small packages.

oh man, that made me laugh...but I have found it to be true

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

I would most certainly NOT date or marry a gynaecologist!!

Can you just imagine how clinical and boring the sex life would be?
yeeeaahhhh... not sure either that I would want to be with someone who does THAT all day long.

chelle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would not date a cop for the fear that he may
not come home after work (killed in the line of duty)

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could never date someone who couldn't live with exotic cats. If she doesn't like exotics there's really no point in getting things started because if I have to choose between a woman and cats, cats win every time.

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

But, yeah....girl power rules!
I'd have to agree with you there

Oh, wait.

That's not what you meant...?

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate the thought of ever dating again. If anything ever happened to my SO of 22 years, I would just enjoy my daughter and granddaughter and not worry about men. I would never get that lucky twice.
Not only that, but I work right next to Match.com, and it is scary looking at those people looking for dates. I know there have been some successful couples get together online, but the thought scares me. With my luck, the only thing I would find is an ax murderer that lives in his mother's basement.
That is what convinced me I would never be able to find another smart, good looking, sweet, cat loving man with a great sense of humor and accepts me just like I am. I will just consider myself lucky and be done with it.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Well I wouldn't ever date a male stripper....

I used to say I'd never date or marry someone in the military but that went right out the window... I used to say that because I was young and stupid and didn't understand the sacrifices like I do now. Though I have to admit, I'm glad DH's enlistment is over.
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I didn't really think about that; but I think I'd be uncomfortable with a famous person. I like to be relaxed and private; having someone special to me who has people wanting to be all up in their business would really aggrivate me.
I was thinking, I probably should add to this:

I wouldn't date anyone but my husband!