You should probably read this, especially if you have children.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
According to government officials, scientists, dieticians, etc. virtually everything will give you cancer. And I have a theory as to why. For all the billions of dollars we have put into cancer research, we know nothing. We don't actually know what causes it. All we have is some data that somewhat supports or opposes certain things. But the largest portion of data we have on cancer is still inconclusive. As a result, I don't pay any attention to reports of "what will give me cancer".

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ducman69

I don't know of many vegetarian body builders.
There are LOTS of strong people who are not body builders. I never thought about it before, but Googling vegetarian body builder produced many results.

Besides, I bet you can't name one ox who is a body builder.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Minka

Wait, so are you saying that she was diabetic and out of breath because she was a vegetarian, or what?
No, quite the opposite. What I'm saying is, in spite of her disease (which is not from her diet), she was healthy and athletic. There's a good chance that this can be attributed to her lifestyle.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

According to government officials, scientists, dieticians, etc. virtually everything will give you cancer. And I have a theory as to why. For all the billions of dollars we have put into cancer research, we know nothing. We don't actually know what causes it.
Simply untrue. An accurate statement would be "We don't know what causes all types of cancers." There are many completely different types of cancer, and it's a known fact that the causes are just as varied - many causes are well known.

You don't believe that too much sun exposure could be a problem? What about cigarette smoking? Or too much radiation exposure - people in Japan for example - when there's an increase in cancer of those around the broken nuclear reactors, is that a complete mystery? What about the link between cancer and HPV - how was a vaccine developed if it's not known the cause is a virus?

It's a fact that great strides have been made against cancer, some cancers are absolutely curable now.