You know you're old when....

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Realizing that the doctor you work for is almost young enough to be your son. :sigh:
Right? Every doctor I go to looks like they're about 12 years old! :lol:

It went to throw out an empty Temptations container the other day and then realized it might be good for storage.
I just did the same with a Churu container--the lid even has a handle! :flail:

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well I try really hard not to see this, but it's when my neighbor is outside lifting weights, doing pushups, jumping, running, doing stretches and basically acting like she's preparing for the Olympics. I exercise myself of course but it bothers me that I can't do things like my neighbor does.
Your neighbor is stupid!!
Just kidding. I am jealous too!

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Or worse. You hear them in a elevator.
A friend once told me there's 3 musical barriers one must reach before you can call yourself old. 1. A band that was popular in high school gets inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame. 2. A band that was popular in high school is being played on the classic rock station. 3. A band that was popular in high school is played in an elevator or dentist office. I've reached 2.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I tell people I was born in Cocoa Beach Florida, where "I Dream of Jeannie" was filmed, they give me a blank stare in return. People from Florida mostly know, but otherwise blank, dead eyes.

Okay. That was a mean jealous dig, the "dead eyes" part. I guess because my mom told me about the trends from her youth, like poodle skirts, I can't figure out why they don't know certain things. And did I mention I am jealous of them? :lol:

Last edited:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
When I tell people I was born in Cocoa Beach Florida, where "I Dream of Jeannie" was filmed, they give me a blank stare in return. People from Florida mostly know, but otherwise blank, dead eyes.

Okay. That was a mean jealous dig, the "dead eyes" part. I guess because my mom told me about the trends from her youth, like poodle skirts, I can't figure out why they don't know certain things. And did I mention I am jealous of them? :lol:
Oh my!!! I forgot about Poodle skirts! They were long "not a thing" when I grew up in the 80's, but my Mom made us both intricate Poodle skirts to wear to school during spirit week or as a Halloween costume. Wonderful memories!

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You know you are old when everyone else, police, doctors, judges, all look like kids.

You turn down the stereo to see better at night while driving.

You are actually offended at some jokes.

You no longer look in the mirror, or get on a scale, or wear high heels.

You realize you have not only toilet paper on your shoe, but the whole roll is being dragged behind from your waist band and you actually don’t care.

You buy clothes and shoes for comfort and quality.

You realize you are the oldest person at your job. You’re even older than your boss.

You have no desire to go out.

Your car breaks down and nobody stops for hours. When they do stop, the person states they wouldn’t want their Grandma to be stuck on the road and would like to think someone would stop if it was her.

You become invisible to the opposite sex.

You wake up one morning and realize your eyebrows have fallen down on to your chin.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
When you have to ask " what's Tweeting " because you're thinking of birds- what's a "troll " because they live under bridges,what's "Amazon" because you picture a jungle

Then there's ghosted,spoofed & catfished...... shade,tea and a million other words that make you think of your Mom asking " why do you say bad,super,groovy,fat and cool

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
When you have to ask " what's Tweeting " because you're thinking of birds- what's a "troll " because they live under bridges,what's "Amazon" because you picture a jungle

Then there's ghosted,spoofed & catfished...... shade,tea and a million other words that make you think of your Mom asking " why do you say bad,super,groovy,fat and cool
"Do you use tiktok?"
"No, and I have no desire to learn."

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I grew up on I Dream of Jeannie and I'm in Australia! I wouldn't know where it was filmed, but I certainly know the show.

Never heard of poodle skirts - I don't know if they were a thing here - but I googled and they look cute!

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know you are old when everyone else, police, doctors, judges, all look like kids.

You turn down the stereo to see better at night while driving.

You are actually offended at some jokes.

You no longer look in the mirror, or get on a scale, or wear high heels.

You realize you have not only toilet paper on your shoe, but the whole roll is being dragged behind from your waist band and you actually don’t care.

You buy clothes and shoes for comfort and quality.

You realize you are the oldest person at your job. You’re even older than your boss.

You have no desire to go out.

Your car breaks down and nobody stops for hours. When they do stop, the person states they wouldn’t want their Grandma to be stuck on the road and would like to think someone would stop if it was her.

You become invisible to the opposite sex.

You wake up one morning and realize your eyebrows have fallen down on to your chin.
Hey, half this list has applied to me all my life! 😆