You know you are getting old when...

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey I still have a trophy from a summer dance school I went to with the Jackson 5 (they showed up to give us the awards)
and I remember slush puppies and mixing the syrups yourself... in fact I could still do that at a store near my university (we used to mix vodka with it)

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Err when you walk around the mall
u see a Mother with the 2 teen or 20 something daughters
and you think the Mom is better looking

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a realization today that made me feel a bit old:
The last time I was in a club that wasn't for a work event (I work for a theatre company that also produces events at clubs) Clinton was President.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Being called "ma am" is not a bad thing- it's respectful. I'm 21 and definitely a southern belle, true, but around here we call everyone mam and sir, and we say yes sir, yes mam...open doors...all the good stuff It's just good manners. People around here will think you're rude and disrespectful if you don't answer politely.All of my niece and nephews are very respectful ( they lived with me a while) they all answer yes mam and no mama too and are always polite (we'd spank their butts if they weren't polite lol). It's just a courteousy response is all, it has nothing to do with age
. Think of it in a way that they're showing you respect.