You ever get a bruise....

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

Just remembered this...
My mom when I was about 15 went crawling around in the attic for the Christmas decorations. She went to step on the rafter and missed. She went through the ceiling but caught herself before falling all the way but hit her mouth. It was nasty cut. We went to church the next day (my father's a minister) and when people asked what happened my dad piped in "Oh she wouldn't shut up so I popped her"
Thank god everyone knows my dad is a jokester..
Could you imagine what someone who didn't know him would say?
OMG my DH is just like that. I bruise very easily. Sometimes I wake up and I have a bruise on my thigh or on my arm. Whenever I get a particularly nasty one that I cant hide and someone asks me What happened? DH always says "She doesnt know how to behave so I 'popped her one'"

The way alot of people are over here I think some of them actually believe him!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bruise easily too, but that's because I'm prone to anemia.

I remember a period were I didn't have a bruise before going to bed but waking up with one. I finally figured out that I was smacking my arm against the wall at night.
So I moved my bed.

Now I'm loaded with scratches...I'm still healing from one Whitey gave me back in June.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

All the time!! And I bruise really easy so I can slightly bump into something and have it leave a massive bruise!
me too - I am always covered in bruises

Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

We went to church the next day (my father's a minister) and when people asked what happened my dad piped in "Oh she wouldn't shut up so I popped her"
Originally Posted by katachtig

Jeff's always wondering when the cops are going to show up.
I bruised so much when i was a kid (and in completely random places) that my teacher once called child protection to check out my home life!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I bruised so much when i was a kid (and in completely random places) that my teacher once called child protection to check out my home life!

I believe it! They did it once because my oldest son had a bruise on his leg. When CPS showed up, I explained to them he fell on the steps into the kitchen.. bout that time, he come running down the hall and fell dead on his rear right in front of them... The CPS worker looked at me and said "Case Closed" And walked out!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know Lee doesn't think its funny when I tell him all I have to do is pick up hte phone and have him hauled off!
He knows I would never do that to him. But when I wrecked the dirt bike and had an enrmous bruise from where the handle bar dug into my leg it would have been so easy. That thing didn't go away for like 2 months!!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well with me they took it quite seriously as my mum had had child services called on her before and was a teacher... my sister has really bad excema (like she would scratch through to the bones) so when my mum would put her in this bath stuff she had to sit in for an hour (3 times a week) she would scream - and the neighbours called.

Then when I showed up to a new class with bruises they still had the old complaint on file... she nearly lost her job over it!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well with me they took it quite seriously as my mum had had child services called on her before and was a teacher... my sister has really bad excema (like she would scratch through to the bones) so when my mum would put her in this bath stuff she had to sit in for an hour (3 times a week) she would scream - and the neighbours called.

Then when I showed up to a new class with bruises they still had the old complaint on file... she nearly lost her job over it!
That is really crazy. I am sure there were a lot of cases where kids are really being mistreated and the go unchecked. I think some people don't realize that kids fall and get bruises. Nut better safe than sorry.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I too have had them called on me when my exhusband and I were divorcing.. he used it as a tool. He'd call over ANYTHING... literaly...a mosquito bite... said he was scared he'd get malaria
Thankfully DCF seen through it all and told him to stop

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup.. I'm a bruiser too! And much like the rest of you, the harded hit or whack and nothing, but a small bump or pinch and it looks like Tyson beat on ya!! It's crazy. One thing I've noticed though is that since I've been drinking a ton more water and working out, I've been bruising less, so for me it must have something to do with that!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bruise if someone looks at me wrong.

You should have seen me after my Hysterectomy.You would have thought someone REALLY took a ball bat to my arms and legs.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh and, Shawn DOES hit in his sleep.He has slapped me, and then has pulled my hair.I yelled at him when he slapped me and he was freaked out when I told him what he did.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

Oh and, Shawn DOES hit in his sleep.He has slapped me, and then has pulled my hair.I yelled at him when he slapped me and he was freaked out when I told him what he did.
OMG Justice does that!
He's worse then sleeping with a kicking mule!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bruise really easily too. One time I was walking over the baby gate and Milo walked up to it at the same time so I moved so that I didn't step on him and I ended up just hitting my leg on it. Well I had 2 HUGE bruises on my leg. I thought that it was dirt or something that somehow got there so I started to try to wash it and then it hurt.

I have a permanent bruise on my stomach from a concert I went to a few years ago. Its definitly not small either. I keep forgetting its there and I will look in the mirror and be like where did that come from?

semiferal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All the time, lol! I always figure it's from a bump that I forgot about right away. I am a big klutz and I walk into walls and stuff all the time. Usually unless it's something crazy (like falling on my bottom) or really funny/embarrassing, I don't really remember it. So that's where I figure my mystery bruises come from.

When I used to work in a dog boarding kennel, though - that was the worst. I seriously looked like someone was beating me on a regular basis.